Author Topic: FE Race & Reunion - rolling on - Update  (Read 1190 times)

fairlaniac

• View Profile
FE Race & Reunion - rolling on - Update
« on: February 24, 2024, 08:04:57 PM »
Posted on our Facebook group.

Hello there to the faithful FE brotherhood. It's been quite a week. We have worked out a solution to some differences that were between BSD and the FERR. Really just a bit of mis-understanding and some lack of communication. Talking with Mike today was really good and healthy and much overdue. The FE Race & Reunion will go on as planned. We will divide and conquer to make the show better than ever. The best analogy from the conversation. If you have a class reunion there is a committee that plans the food, attendees, music, etc... The facility is owned and operated by the facility owners. Mike will prepare the best track and facility that he can and the FERR group will plan the reunion activities. We still have a lot of sorting and contacts to be made but it's going to be epic. We finally have clear minds and a clear goal by the entire team.  Thank you Mike and crew for all that you do. We all look forward to FERR24. Just a warning to any "chirpers" we will not tolerate any rumors or activity that is not considered positive to the success of the event. This group and Mike's FE group page are for information and enjoyment of the FERR. Any negativity will cause immediate banning from the group. Thank you all! See you all on September 5-7, 2024.

FYI - we are going to be looking at some other opportunities to grow FERR. Possibly a mini-show at other established events? We realize the possible benefits of growing and getting to other locations on occasion. Thank you all who have supported FERR.
Thanks,
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 08:06:38 PM by fairlaniac »
Doug Bender
1966 Fairlane 427+/5 Spd TKX

6667fan

• Every Second Counts
    • View Profile
Re: FE Race & Reunion - rolling on - Update
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 08:17:40 PM »
My optimism has borne out.
Thanks Doug!
JB

67 Fairlane 500
482 cid 636/619.
Tunnel Wedge, Survival EMC CNC heads, Lykins Custom Hydraulic Roller, Ram adjustable clutch, Jerico 4-spd, Strange third member with Detroit Locker, 35 spline axles, 4.86
10.68@125.71 1.56 60’

Rory428

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 09:33:02 AM »
Certainly glad that all involved in this fantastic event, were able to step back, and get some issues worked out, and keep this fantastic event on track. Looking forward to finally bringing a car to race this year, well other than the credit card bill for fuel, that will be waiting for me when I get back home! I urge anybody that has been sitting on the fence, about attending this event for years, to board a plane, jump in the truck, or get hitch hiking, and head to PA. None of us are getting any younger, and time, plus the constant attack on motor vehicles, and the people who love them, is a real concern. As we get older, memories become more important to us, and I have so many great memories from the previous FE Reunions that I have attended. Can`t wait for the 2024 FERR in September ! And for those, like me, travelling considerable distances, there are other things not too far away, to take in, if you have the time. When I went to the 2022 FERR, I stayed around for another week, and went to the NHRA National Event at Maple Grove, this year, I am planning to leave a week earlier, and finally get to experience "INDY" , at the NHRA US Nationals. Indy is the week before FERR, Maple Grove the following week. When TomP & I went to the 2018 event, we went to 4 other dragstrips in the area, went to a few famous car museums, toured the G Force transmission plant, drove to Joisey and New Yoik, saw some Amish horse drawn buggies, went to the Hershey tour, and generally just had a good time, seeing an area that I have never seen before.
1978 Fairmont,FE 427 with 428 crank, 4 speed Jerico best of 9.972@132.54MPH 1.29 60 foot
1985 Mustang HB 331 SB Ford, 4 speed Jerico, best of 10.29@128 MPH 1.40 60 foot.
1974 F350 race car hauler 390 NP435 4 speed
1959 Ford Meteor 2 dr sedan. 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed Toploader. 12.54@ 108 MPH

fryedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2024, 10:23:09 AM »
in taking my car down the track at FERR are there anything i need to have done to it like neutral saftey switch its a 4 speed,belts,cage,etc.never been and my car probably goes 11 something to 13 something ,not sure but it does have a good machine shop 428 in it. thinking about going but i dont want to be unprepared. thanks for any help
1966 comet caliente 428 4 speed owned since 1983                                                 1973 f250 ranger xlt 360 4 speed papaw bought new

6667fan

• Every Second Counts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2024, 07:03:38 PM »
You will want to have an overflow catch bottle off of radiator. If battery is in trunk you will need a cut off switch. Unless a car presents as junk,( which I know your car does not), tech will want you to be able to safely race. Glad to hear you are planning on attending!
JB

67 Fairlane 500
482 cid 636/619.
Tunnel Wedge, Survival EMC CNC heads, Lykins Custom Hydraulic Roller, Ram adjustable clutch, Jerico 4-spd, Strange third member with Detroit Locker, 35 spline axles, 4.86
10.68@125.71 1.56 60’

fryedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2024, 09:51:35 PM »
Glad to hear you are planning on attending!
my wife had been sick for several years and i could not leave her. she pasted away last winter.i have been working on my comet to occupy my time so i may get to go this year.
1966 comet caliente 428 4 speed owned since 1983                                                 1973 f250 ranger xlt 360 4 speed papaw bought new

TomP

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2024, 07:47:22 PM »
Good news. I want to go.  As Rory mentioned we were at the 2018 event and it was great. Amazing compared to what we see out west. It was also quite something to see that much FE stuff at a swap meet, like the total of all the FE stuff at 40 or more swap meets i'd been to for ten years all in one place. And some really cool and historic cars. I never knew Ford made Petty Blue 69 Torinos. Getting to meet lots of people on this site was great. Having Ohio George across the table from me at dinner was priceless.