Author Topic: FE Race & Reunion - update  (Read 1213 times)

fairlaniac

• View Profile
FE Race & Reunion - update
« on: February 22, 2024, 08:12:19 AM »
See you in September!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 07:48:21 AM by fairlaniac »
Doug Bender
1966 Fairlane 427+/5 Spd TKX

428kidd

• View Profile
Re: FE Race & Reunion - update
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 08:35:24 AM »
That is a shame truly. One would think anyone putting on this type of show could deal with criticism? Especially when done in the right way. Will you be a part of Mikes FE race? Or is he taking his ball and leaving but upon the building blocks of those involved from years past? Im not a T shirt collector , well i sort of am, but not the reason i go to events or don't. I wouldn't think that one particular thing something to throw  the sword in the stone over?

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 10:19:40 AM »
We were intending on showing up there with our white Mustang and hopefully some new head castings to show people. If it's going to be a flop then we'll avoid making the trek from Colorado I guess.

I would be in support of an event that was hosted a little further west and a bit more centralized. It would also make for a better event if the location was spread around yearly so different folks have a better shot at attending and the collection of vehicles changes. If you look at youtube videos of the event, 2015 looks very similar to 2022 because the attendees list is fairly static. Just my .02.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

428kidd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 11:35:14 AM »
Mike Bowling Green is fairly central location, great track , great spot. Has camping, lots of parking etc . Plus it's a 1/4 mile track. I'd love to see a show start there . It would I think help the reunion grow to have a more central location . It's probably to late to do this year but next year for certain. Plus I know my self and several others could help in this .

fairlaniac

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 12:19:26 PM »
Guys,
All great ideas and something we will seriously consider. We were spoiled with the previous track owner as we were able to use his bank account to get things done. We were strictly volunteer because we loved the whole FE idea. Stay tuned is all I can say for now.

Thank you!
Doug Bender
1966 Fairlane 427+/5 Spd TKX

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2024, 01:13:13 PM »
In regard to shirts, my son owns the company that designs and produces Tee shirts and such for the State of Indiana Tourism Board and the Indy 500, among other clients. I can arrange for you to have a discussion in regard to helping you. He is personally the designer and won the State of Indiana competition to attain the company position. All super quality.

PM for arrangements.

KS

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 03:54:39 PM »
After the last time I attended, my Son donated a nice amount of money to get his and my names on a section of a new "wall" that he was saying he was going to build. My Son thought it would be a nice thing to help out, and have a reminder that I had raced and won there. 5 years later, no wall, and no response as to what is happening with it. Ignored emails. Money gone. Forcing his "Zoo Crew" on T-shirts is a childish thing, IMO. I have no respect for the new owner.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

351crules

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2024, 09:45:14 PM »
I felt that way about zoo crew the first time I seen it years ago.

fryedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2024, 04:54:24 AM »
i wish it would come to bristol tn or somewhere in the carolinas or georgia or alabama
1966 comet caliente 428 4 speed owned since 1983                                                 1973 f250 ranger xlt 360 4 speed papaw bought new

Mr Woodys Garage

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2024, 10:51:27 AM »
It Appears That Things Have Worked Themselves Out, And The Event, Along With The VIP Are Back To Where They Were A Week Ago. Good To Purge Things That Have Evidently Been Building Up For A While. This Event, Like The Highlander Are Of The Fact That "There Can Be Only One"  Please Support This Event, Suport The Owner Of The Facility, As Well As Those Who Work Hard Behind The Scenes To Make It All Happen Every Year. They ALL Have The Same Passion For The Event, And Want It To Be The Best It Can Be. Also, It Started In Beaver Springs, It STAYS In Beaver Springs. People Travel From All Over The Planet To Attend It Each Year, And Is Part Of What Makes It Cool And Unique. ANY Attempt or Suggestion To Move Or Relocate It should Be Grounds To Revoke Your FE Card, lol! But, Also, Seriously. Its Not Broke, It Doesn't Need Fixed, But Like Everything Racing And Performance Related, It Can Always Be Improved And Upgraded. Thanks Again To All That Make It Happen, As Well As Those Who Support It!

Rory428

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2024, 10:04:37 AM »
It Appears That Things Have Worked Themselves Out, And The Event, Along With The VIP Are Back To Where They Were A Week Ago. Good To Purge Things That Have Evidently Been Building Up For A While. This Event, Like The Highlander Are Of The Fact That "There Can Be Only One"  Please Support This Event, Suport The Owner Of The Facility, As Well As Those Who Work Hard Behind The Scenes To Make It All Happen Every Year. They ALL Have The Same Passion For The Event, And Want It To Be The Best It Can Be. Also, It Started In Beaver Springs, It STAYS In Beaver Springs. People Travel From All Over The Planet To Attend It Each Year, And Is Part Of What Makes It Cool And Unique. ANY Attempt or Suggestion To Move Or Relocate It should Be Grounds To Revoke Your FE Card, lol! But, Also, Seriously. Its Not Broke, It Doesn't Need Fixed, But Like Everything Racing And Performance Related, It Can Always Be Improved And Upgraded. Thanks Again To All That Make It Happen, As Well As Those Who Support It!

Could not agree more, Beaver Springs is where the FE Reunion started, and where it belongs "forever". Woodstock was Woodstock, Indy is Indy, Daytona is Daytona is Daytona, and I feel Beaver Springs is where the FERR needs to be. It absolutely is a long haul for many of us, which to me at least, makes it more of destination, than "just another race". It`s funny how things go, some places are just destined to be home for certain events, to me, Beaver Springs IS the FERR. Funny, I live in Nova Scotia Canada, and we have a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever dog, and 3 years ago, a local Toller fan, started "Tollermania" on his rural property, and invited the world. We had participants from Germany, Sweden, Australia, Great Britain, and from many far away US States as California, Arizona, Washington, Texas, Florida, and the West Coast of Canada, all for the affection of a little red dog. It is the people , both attending such events, and especially those behind the scenes, that make these type of events so memorable, and keep us coming back for more.
1978 Fairmont,FE 427 with 428 crank, 4 speed Jerico best of 9.972@132.54MPH 1.29 60 foot
1985 Mustang HB 331 SB Ford, 4 speed Jerico, best of 10.29@128 MPH 1.40 60 foot.
1974 F350 race car hauler 390 NP435 4 speed
1959 Ford Meteor 2 dr sedan. 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed Toploader. 12.54@ 108 MPH