Author Topic: Trannys  (Read 1280 times)

Stangman

• View Profile
Re: Trannys
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2024, 11:26:13 PM »
A lot of good info here. Does anybody actually have a c-6 from broader

hwoods

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2024, 09:32:14 AM »
I have had a PA FE to C4 bell ordered since June 30-2023.  was told for months would ship Jan 30-2024, now moved back to May.  I have a QuckTime and had to have it modified to fit the C4.  Plus the QuckTime has very small access to work in.  Have seen PA bell on ebay for 2X what I paid when I placed the order and yes, Jegs has had my money since June 30-2023.

Took several weeks to get PA to resond when the bell would ship after it did not ship in Jan
it is hard to balance your check book with your testoserone level
Previous FE Cars:   1965 Ford Galaxie 390/4spd then upgraded to 427 sideoiler
1970 Maverick 427 sideoiler.  X Pro Stock Car
Current build in progress 1964 Thunderbolt Clone

Thumperbird

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2024, 08:47:08 AM »
I have a wide ratio C6 from Broader in my thunderbird, ~500hp, I abuse it quite a bit, nice crisp gear changes, not great traction so I wouldn't call it hard use at all but no issues in 4 years.   

e philpott

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2024, 09:05:50 AM »
I have his band and drums that are rollerized but I didn't want the low gear E4OD planet in my application back when I did my C6, I'll probably go light weight drum for the C6 this time around and skip the C4 for now when I convert back from manual 4 speed

Ctcobra

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2024, 02:14:53 PM »
Joe you may want to reach out to Doug Bender or Jim Macione on this. Doug had a Broader C6 in his Fairlane before he converted it to a 4 speed. I purchased the C6, never used it and sold it to Jim. I think Jim is running it in his 68/69 Torino Cobra clone. Also, quality control has dropped off considerably at Performance Automatic. I was disappointed by the state of their main repair shop in Maryland last time i visited. (It reminded me of an Hunts Point chop shop) I would reach out to Frank Lupo at Pro-Formance Transmission in Delaware on a C6 build. He is within driving distance. I am running one of his C4's in my Maverick and am extremely happy with it and their customer service.

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2024, 01:24:07 PM »
I will give them a call on Monday Steve. It can’t hurt to get some info and I do like the fact that he is less than 3 hour away. I do have my tranny all boxed up to go to Broader but I definetly should at least call pro formance