Author Topic: Anyone running a General Reg 1:8 containment pan on a 67-70 Fairlane?  (Read 488 times)

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
Already talked to DRE about a diaper - with the 351C and header tube runs to clear the steering and such, it's a no-go.  "Pan" is the word.  I have already modified the center Falcon/Fairlane crossmember to reduce it's size to clear the front deep Milodon pan.  Because of that work, I can pretty easy visualize and fab a pan to cover the front deep sump from the crossmember up past the damper.   But behind the crossmember - ???  I'm not getting a mental picture of how a pan could fit, sit frame rail to frame rail, and still clear the steering, draglink, etc.  There are a couple of tracks here now where 7.50 and under 1/8 = containment and one track that is slicks=containment. Not to mention that I'd for sure like to keep my flabby butt off the wall, so it's a necessity.  Any hints or help. pics appreciated.

e philpott

• View Profile
Re: Anyone running a General Reg 1:8 containment pan on a 67-70 Fairlane?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 12:05:27 PM »
they should change the wording to .... Power adder = Diaper , my brothers Maverick 347 he had a upholstery guy look at the diaper and he made some modifications to make it work easily... You don't see many NHRA SS's using the diaper based on the "wheelie view" photo's and the old Mopars have the steering linkage going through the oil pan making it impossible for a diaper to function correctly