Author Topic: On a quest for an early 2000's vintage helmet: Shoei Z4 (a Z3 will work too)  (Read 377 times)

cleandan

• View Profile
Hey all, my daughter is searching for a Shoei Z4 helmet (a Z3 will work)
This is the helmet used by Uma Thruman in the 2003 movie Kill Bill Vol.1.

I figured we all have at least one, if not many, old helmets that are still good, but have aged out and found the shelf.

If anyone has a Shoei Z4, or Z3, helmet they would part with please let me know.

cleandan

• View Profile
I'm surprised with nothing yet.
I figured at least one member would know of a place selling old helmets, a collection/collector, or some other option that may help.

Or I would find a person with a "collection" of old helmets like I have, where none of them have been actually damaged, but they have all aged out and no longer pass tech only because of the mfg date.

For this use it will be costume apparel, not actual safety gear, or riding gear, so any Z4 helmet that is still in good relatively looking condition, color does not matter, should work.

thatdarncat

• View Profile
I do have an extensive collection of perfect condition helmets that have aged out, unfortunately they are all Bell brand. Like you said, probably lots of racers that also have them, you probably just need to keep shaking the bushes to find the specific one you’re looking for. Have you tried sites like Racingjunk or Classracer?
Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

shady

• View Profile
check on some cycle forums. see a lot of bikers wearing shoeis
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner