Author Topic: Ford and FE parts  (Read 969 times)

Gregwill16

• View Profile
Ford and FE parts
« on: November 22, 2023, 03:34:44 PM »
Link to my parts for sale ad on the old FE Forum.

https://www.fordfe.com/ford-fe-parts-t168478.html

Diogenes

• View Profile
Re: Ford and FE parts
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2023, 01:28:01 AM »
I'd be curious to hear your thoughts about the state of the swap meet. I stopped going a couple years ago, as it is not even a shadow of it's former self. The Columbus (Ohio) Swap Meet was once an amazing event. There were four buildings literally full of Ford goodies, and not just Mustang parts. Outside of all four of the buildings there were vendors set up outside--it was a massive Ford parts event. It's been a long time since the swap meet was like that. The internet is certainly a double-edged sword--the information and parts search has become so much easier, but local events have unfortunately suffered. I miss going to the Columbus Swap Meet, searching for those hard to find parts was enjoyable, as meeting all those knowledgeable people added to my own knowledge and enjoyment of the car hobby.
WHEN CRIMINALS MAKE THE LAWS, OBEYING THE LAW IS A CRIME.

1966 Galaxie 500 390 Toploader 3.89 Traction-Lock 9in.
1985 Toyota Celica Supra
1971 Montego MX wagon 351C Toploader Detroit Locker Cyclone competition gauge/dash bucket seats/console
1989 Texas DPS Police Mustang
1971 Torino GT 351C 4V AT
1968 Cougar 351W Toploader Traction-Lock 8in.
1989 Dodge Omni modified 2.5 turbo from hell

Gregwill16

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 07:35:41 PM »
It was busy in the one building for about half the day, but after lunch the crowd decreased dramatically. So the decline is continuing in my opinion and I guess blame to go around. You have to support things you want to last, but with the prices you see there for most items, the lure of finding that part you need at a reasonable price is long gone. There are a few vendors that you can still get a decent deal from and we always seem to find something we want. But my expectations aren't too high for the decline to halt anytime soon.

Diogenes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 07:53:01 PM »
Yeah, the dramatically reduced amount of parts and the pricing pretty much ended it for me. It's a little less than a 2hr. drive for me, but coming home empty-handed too many times made the journey pointless. It always was fairly Mustang-centric, but the last few times I was there it seemed to be the bulk of it. There used to be some off-the-beaten-path finds there, but those days seem to be gone. I hope your journey this weekend was worthwhile.
WHEN CRIMINALS MAKE THE LAWS, OBEYING THE LAW IS A CRIME.

1966 Galaxie 500 390 Toploader 3.89 Traction-Lock 9in.
1985 Toyota Celica Supra
1971 Montego MX wagon 351C Toploader Detroit Locker Cyclone competition gauge/dash bucket seats/console
1989 Texas DPS Police Mustang
1971 Torino GT 351C 4V AT
1968 Cougar 351W Toploader Traction-Lock 8in.
1989 Dodge Omni modified 2.5 turbo from hell