Author Topic: Great interview with Ed Pink on the SOHC  (Read 1310 times)

ToddK

• View Profile
Re: Great interview with Ed Pink on the SOHC
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2023, 07:16:37 AM »
Pretty sure that engine in the video now resides in a hot rod in my home town.

428kidd

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2023, 07:31:49 AM »
I added the links that i didn't get on here yesterday to my first post.

oldiron.fe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2023, 12:29:49 PM »
   I worked at caterpillar plant in joliet ill 63/64 and drove/raced fords starting late 50s. I picked up a flyer from a Ford dealer that listed a cammer option at the time (63/64) when Ford was trying       to get it approved for nascar -chrysler was bitching like hell and france and company always would short Ford when possible!!  SOME OLDTIMERS may remember the latemodel sportsmans class that ran in the mid sixtys (or not) you can look up the class and record!  france and co. would cheat ford at any chance !!  MY neighbor (now passed) holds the Daytona track record for the class also the     southern boys did not like northern boys beating or running faster than any of them! MY NEIGHBORS FORD STARLINER RAN 165/167 mph IN ABOUT 1966/67 HIS NAME IS ERNIE TUFF FRANCE AND   THE BOYS MADE ERNIES FORD CARRY AN EXTRA 400 POUNDS IN THE TRUNK !!! ERNIE always said it was because he was north of the Mason/Dixon line!      THE CAR IS STILL 100% COMPLETE AND  100% ORIGIONAL -----UP TO 5/10 YEARS AGO ERNIE WOULD BRING THE CAR TO A DRIVE-IN AT WINONA MN. AND FIRE IT UP!!      THE 165/167 SPEED WAS AVERAGE !! I BELIEVE I HEARD  207 ON THE FRONT AND 209 ON THE BACK---ALSO I BELIEVE FIREBALL ROBERTS DROVE THE CAR AND CALE YARBOROGH           FRANCE AND CO.(NASCAR) WILL SCREW FORD AT ANY CHANCE!!!   (PS) ERNIE LEFT THE STEEL PLATES FOR ALL TO SEE!!!!                  JOHN  oldiron
66' Fairlanes 427 (08/26/67- present)
66/67' Fairlanes
70' Mustang Fastback
66' Dually