Author Topic: NW Machine shops  (Read 1539 times)

RustyCrankshaft

• View Profile
NW Machine shops
« on: March 08, 2023, 11:16:18 PM »
Anyone have a recommendation for a machine shop in Washington? Or anywhere in the PNW for that matter. Of the 2 shops I've been using one is backed up until June at least, and the other guy just retired and isn't taking any new jobs. The other shops around here I've stopped to talk with over the last couple years, looked at their work and after that experience wouldn't let them work on my Briggs&Scrapiron. Hoping someone has experience with a shop that can do something besides a SBC (be nice if they had a dyno too since that shop also closed). Thanks.

475fetoploader

• View Profile
Re: NW Machine shops
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 12:13:58 AM »
Auburn Auto machine, Auburn Washington. But they’re busy always.
Britco, down in Centralia I trust them.
Dale Green, but he’s looking for a building at the moment I believe.
Auburn Auto machine did a 428 block for me, they’re great there, meticulous, however they’re backlogged sometimes 6 months also. 
1967  Fairlane Tunnel Wedge on Proports.
1975 4x4 461 f.e. 4speed Dual Quads on 38’s
Love many, Trust few. Always paddle your own canoe.

RustyCrankshaft

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 02:12:46 AM »
Dale is one of the 2 guys I normally use. I was there a couple days ago and they had started cleaning the building out already. I had never heard of Britco until a few days ago, you're the first person who has first hand experience with them. I'll call them and see what they're backlog is. AAM is booked out like you said. Ever hear of C&D? I was also told they were pretty good, but haven't talked to anyone who has used them. Thanks for the info.

SMA390

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 10:03:14 AM »
Bliss Motorsports , I'm not sure of their location. However I bought  67 Fairlane about 15 years ago and the motor had been built by them. It was top notch work and parts. Rousch Nascar Manifold matched to Yates Nascar heads etc. Ran great and never had an issue. high 10 sec car on street tires

482supersnake

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2023, 12:38:20 PM »
Dave Bliss retired a few years ago and I'm not sure if he's taking any work anymore. There's http://parklandautomachine.com/
I haven't used them but they are Ford guys.

475fetoploader

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2023, 01:59:30 PM »
Bliss was probably the best sbf guy I’ve known of, but not sure he’s even doing stuff at home anymore.  Gary Pugh was really good, he’s retired.  Dale Green may be doing stuff at home now.  If you don’t have it, I could probably scrounge up a cell number for him, he’s somewhat of a family friend. 
1967  Fairlane Tunnel Wedge on Proports.
1975 4x4 461 f.e. 4speed Dual Quads on 38’s
Love many, Trust few. Always paddle your own canoe.

RustyCrankshaft

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2023, 05:34:28 PM »
I can confirm Bliss is 100% retired. Parkland was sold to Scotty Jay who is a big 385 series guy (Think he goes by Mad Porter on a lot of forums). Doesn't really know or do much FE or SBF engines from what I've seen. I have had him work on some 385 stuff, he has a set of 460 EFI heads to port I dropped off.........last August and I'm still 3 sets behind the set currently being ground on!

Dale is still in the old shop in Auburn, but when I was there early in the week he isn't taking on any new work and is cleaning the shop out. Didn't really look like he had time to talk so I didn't find out if he's done or will be moving into a new building.

Going to take a drive south next week and talk to Britco since AAM is also backed up for months. Hopefully they have a better backlog!

katink

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2023, 05:49:58 PM »
Action Machine in Shoreline.  Rob handled a 390 for me with intimate knowledge of the FE and gave me a square deal.  I wish I would have found them years ago.  They are busy as an above average shop should be.  First rate in my experience. 

DubyaTF

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2023, 01:06:31 PM »

The shop I used was Johnson's Machine in Tumwater. Randy Kozar is the owner and a hardcore Ford guy. They have a torque plate for FE and had plenty of core parts available if needed. Honest, fair and easy to work with.
Jeff

410bruce

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2023, 05:40:53 PM »
Another vote for Parkland. That's the home of Scott Johnston, one of the premier big-block Ford builders. He's awesome to deal with. I have purchased custom cams, cylinder heads, a stroker kit and some other random 460 stuff over the years from him. Always a pleasure to deal with.

Edit to add, he also has an engine dyno.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 05:45:58 PM by 410bruce »

badcatt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2023, 10:41:13 PM »
If anybody has contact info for Dave Bliss, I would like to talk with him. It is rumored that he may have owned my 1970 CJ Cougar and I would like to find out if that is correct and get any history he may have on it. Please PM me about it.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 10:42:51 PM by badcatt »