Author Topic: How much is too much?  (Read 1131 times)

MRadke

• View Profile
How much is too much?
« on: September 21, 2022, 09:09:14 AM »
I found a pair of what are supposed to be NOS armrests for a 66 galaxie on Ebay.  Is $200 a pair out of line, or is that what the market is right now?

CDXXVII

• View Profile
Re: How much is too much?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 06:13:14 PM »
I need to know if you are talking about the plastic bases or just the pads. If you are talking the long bases for the XL/7 Litre they are very rare. Pads are being reproduced.
NOS does not mean perfect. If your bases are decent you might be happier by getting yours restored.

MRadke

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 10:33:15 PM »
Plastic bases for galaxie 500. I have a broken one on the passenger side. I thought about showing it to a friend of mine with a 3D printer.

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 11:42:22 AM »
     C'mon,  1966 was fifty six years ago,  how many opportunities at this point do you think you'll get to acquire a set of N.O.S. ones' and if not N.O.S., how many '66 Galaxies have you seen in the salvage yards lately?  If you want armrests (and particularly if they're the correct color) in yours, just buy'em!   :)

Besides, I'm sure the adage of: "I've paid more for less before" can be of some consolation; as it sure works for me!   ::)

Scott.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 11:44:30 AM by pbf777 »

RustyCrankshaft

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 04:21:05 PM »
     C'mon,  1966 was fifty six years ago,  how many opportunities at this point do you think you'll get to acquire a set of N.O.S. ones' and if not N.O.S., how many '66 Galaxies have you seen in the salvage yards lately?  If you want armrests (and particularly if they're the correct color) in yours, just buy'em!   :)

Besides, I'm sure the adage of: "I've paid more for less before" can be of some consolation; as it sure works for me!   ::)

Scott.

This. 100%.

I have seen some NOS stuff priced ridiculously, but 200 bucks for a pair of arm rests doesn't seem out of line to me and Ford isn't making any more of this stuff and the repro's aren't always (rarely) the same quality as OEM.

MRadke

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2022, 07:51:03 PM »
Thanks for the push, LOL. I ordered what I needed today. I didn't get the NOS pair because the chrome in the pictures was rough and the description said they needed rechroming. I did find a used base for 90 that looked better and I ordered it today.   Thanks for the replies. I don't mind spending a little money, but wanted to make sure I wasn't being cheated.