Author Topic: x-Plan PIN, anybody have an extra?  (Read 644 times)

ogasman

• View Profile
x-Plan PIN, anybody have an extra?
« on: August 29, 2022, 09:24:35 AM »
I never cancelled the Bronco I had on order even after my Raptor Bronco fiasco.  After 2 years of waiting, Ford finally sent me an email that said my Bronco will be built the week of September 12th.  They assigned the Vin.  I want to see what discount, if any, it would qualify for.

Thanks
Paul

jmlay

• View Profile
Re: x-Plan PIN, anybody have an extra?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 06:18:05 PM »
I have access to the ford partner site. While attempting to view the X-plan it indicates pricing is not available and to contact your dealer for pricing. Not a good sign for any reasonable discount. The partner site does allow one to view dealer inventory by zip code. This inventory list does show a price. In light of the message presented i’m not sure it is the X-Plan discounted price as is typically available on this site.

I attempted to look at local inventory at shop.ford.com but it does not list any local inventory available. Next step was to build and price a like vehicle. Comparing the local inventory through the partner site and the price and build I see $500 difference in price between the two.

In my past experience the dealer is not required to accept X-plan. X-plan is not offed on all vehicles, especially high demand. Best case $500, worst it is not offered. Considering X-Plan pins are limited it is best to ask the dealer if X-Plan is offered/accepted for the vehicle before generating one that may be wasted in the end.
Mike

ogasman

• View Profile
Re: x-Plan PIN, anybody have an extra?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 02:33:06 PM »
Thanks Mike
  I contacted the dealer, via email of course.  I have a very hard time getting the sales manager, or anyone else, on the phone.  My take is that I have to wait until the Bronco is built, or maybe even longer to check on the X-plan.  He said Ford might not generate one for it.  I know all the car manufactures suck, but it would be great if Ford didn't suck so bad.  Dangling a carrot in front of you, then smacking you with a stick.  I ordered this about 2 years ago, a 2021 model.  When Ford delayed it into the 2022 model year, they said they would honor the 2021 pricing.  I will see if that changes when it is actually built.

Paul