Author Topic: Chrome Pent Roof Valve Covers, w/ hole  (Read 1121 times)

PaulProe

• View Profile
Chrome Pent Roof Valve Covers, w/ hole
« on: June 27, 2022, 08:07:17 PM »
I am a supplier to the Cobra replica/restoration market but have shied away from motor items. In the last couple months, I have been contacted repeatedly by builders/owners, looking for Chrome Pent Roof valve covers and mostly those with a hole for breathers/PCV.

I used to refer people to Tony Branda however they no longer have them and don't have a delivery date. They may be a casualty of the Pandemic/Supply chain issues.

Does anyone know of any other sources for these? Jay Brown, tried your site but I don't see any mention of valve covers

Any ideas?

Paul Proefrock
Period Correct, LLC
www.prdcrrct.com

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
Re: Chrome Pent Roof Valve Covers, w/ hole
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 08:57:33 AM »
Paul, I don't have a source for chrome steel valve covers.  I did make a run of a couple hundred cast aluminum pentroof covers a couple years ago, and would like to do more of those, but (and I'm sounding like a broken record here...) the foundry won't commit to supplying the castings anytime soon.  When I finally do have them again, I will put a notification on the site - Jay
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

FERoadster

• View Profile
Re: Chrome Pent Roof Valve Covers, w/ hole
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 09:52:36 AM »
Paul: I've got an almost new set but one VC has some pitting on the top. Most likely it was dripped on with something like battery acid. It does have the breather holes.
I do have a new set of Chrome Pents without the breather holes. I'd only let one or the other set go.
If you'd like I'll post some pictures of the set with breather holes. I want to keep one set of each style of every FE VC ever made.
Richard >>> FERoadster