Author Topic: For sale: Reproduction C1AE-9431-C cast iron shorty headers  (Read 714 times)

cleandan

• View Profile
I have a pair of new, never installed, reproduction cast iron shorty headers made to copy the C1AE-9431-C originals.

They have been ceramic coated in dark cast iron grey.
They include the collector studs and nuts.
They have never been used so they are still as nice as they were when delivered.

I would post photos but dang, I can't seem to figure that out on this forum.
If anyone needs photos I can text you images....that I seem capable of accomplishing.

Asking $1,100, which includes shipping.
Reasonable offers will be considered.
Located in the Twin Cities area of MN.

Shop phone: 612-280-5560.
Please leave a message, and a good time to call you back.

Thanks and have a great day.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 11:52:05 AM by cleandan »

cleandan

• View Profile
Re: For sale: Reproduction C1AE-9431-C cast iron shorty headers
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 11:47:26 AM »
Wow, almost 80 views and not one single comment, question, or thought...This surprises me a little bit.

This pair of cast iron headers is almost perfect in every manner....I don't say perfect because nothing is literally perfect.
They were to be used on a 1964 Galaxie 427 project that never got past the gathering parts stage.

428kidd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 02:43:28 PM »
Dan , there is a few issues that may effect the older repop manifolds. Krugel components build them now with out a pm and with the heat stove missing . Those two issues don't matter to most people that are just adding them to say a 64 Galaxie where as the pn wouldn't be correct anyway. Yours with the C1AE number would be better suited for someone using them on say a 61or early 62 that needed the part number out side of that aspect the newer repops at a reduced price will win over. I hope you don't take what I'm saying wrong just trying to help as to a possibility as to why no action. That and seems as if everything is starting to slow down as the economy is shifting to something close to what it was in 08.

gdaddy01

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 06:44:59 PM »
It just seems they are limited in what they will fit. notching the frame rail on trucks , I think 64 and earlier cars only etc. I would like to have a set on my 49 pickup or 62 falcon gasser, but don't think they will fit. the price of the coating now days is probably half the price you are asking.

428kidd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 06:58:36 PM »
The coating definitely helps and adds to the price , nice stuff for sure!