Author Topic: Royal Enfield  (Read 585 times)

Heo

• View Profile
Royal Enfield
« on: June 19, 2022, 03:10:04 PM »
I sold a -54 Royal enfield Bullet that my dad bought 25 years ago just beacuse it was for sale
Sold it to my friend Ivo, so we cleared a way(tunnel) to get it out of the barn.
And since he is from Austria he insited that we had to drink beer, and as he is also my Doctor  who
am i to argue with that ;D. We washed it changed oil put in some fresh gas and tried to kickstart it.
It wanted to start but returnspring to the kickpedal broke, so we decided to push start it down hill from my house
As we worked us closer and closer to a heart attack it almost started.
A neighbour came driving with his fourwheeler so i asked him to tow start us, he was sceptical that i would survive that ;D
Anyway we got it running and it smoked like crazy.dad had oiled the cylinder generously :o no wounder it was hard to start

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ZL_RjfN9jU0
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/OjSvIi6WPEo

We drowe around  for a while ,then we put the bike on the stand and sat down at the bus stop outside my house  looking at the bike.
Thats when the cops arrived ;D ;D someone had called them on us but they just slowed down and looked at us like we where droped down
by a UFO ;D ;D ;D ;D

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Stangman

• View Profile
Re: Royal Enfield
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 06:17:22 PM »
Heo it’s just another story they just keep coming. Hey at least your not boring. Cool bike and besides the smoke it sounded pretty good.

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 12:09:24 AM »
Heo it’s just another story they just keep coming. Hey at least your not boring. Cool bike and besides the smoke it sounded pretty good.
Yes it was running fine and the smoke went away after a while when the perservation oil burned away
As i remember it, it had a rodknock when dad bought it,  so we have already ordered a new crankpin with
bearing.
But i could not hear any knocking now, maybe new oil fixed that. Last registred in 1968 so who knows what
oil it had
It was just like when i was young,push starting the next barnfind. The exitment when it started, smell of old gas and oil,
the cops arriving ;D ;D

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2022, 09:58:38 AM »
A few weeks ago while camping, the two women next to us had a new RE with the side car. Funny thing is,it looked and sounded just like yours.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2022, 11:29:52 AM »
A few weeks ago while camping, the two women next to us had a new RE with the side car. Funny thing is,it looked and sounded just like yours.
Yes they still make them in India ??? When Ivo was in India for several months in the 80s he hired
a 350 RE Bullet and drove around the country with it. They even make a Diesel version :o