Author Topic: Shop doors closed, permanently. Retired.  (Read 1875 times)

Joe-JDC

• Truth stands on its own merit.
    • View Profile
Shop doors closed, permanently. Retired.
« on: June 18, 2022, 01:43:50 PM »
I have to call it quits somewhere in time, and now is that time.  I just shipped my last set of ported heads and intake manifold this morning to a Forum member, and that clears my back log.  Today is my 56th Anniversary, my 76th birthday is coming up in a few days, and I need to spend more time on myself and my projects.  I appreciate everyone's business in the past, and hope everyone will be able to find someone to continue porting those FE and Ford heads and intakes.  I have enjoyed Jay's forum and the old FE forum quite a lot.  I will still be following the forum and hopefully can contribute at times.  I plan on finishing the NOS exhaust system on my '70 Shelby, replacing the rimblow steering wheel horn kit, and build a couple more FE's, and a couple of Y Blocks. I have several sets of FE heads, intakes that I may put up for sale soon to forum members.  I am still waiting on that 900-1000 hp engine of Jay's to make its appearance.  Joe-JDC
Joe-JDC '70GT-500

MeanGene

• View Profile
Re: Shop doors closed, permanently. Retired.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 01:51:22 PM »
Thanks for everything- enjoy yourself and your own projects!

gdaddy01

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 02:02:49 PM »
thanks for all your input , I hope you can continue to add comments on here. enjoy life.

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2022, 04:51:19 PM »
Thanks for all the info that you freely give and hopefully you will still chime in with your pearls of wisdom. But hav a good time now and get some of your stuff done that’s probably been on the back burner. Who knows maybe you will bring one of your projects to the FE reunion. Good luck Joe

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2022, 05:07:33 PM »
Congratulations Joe, I am sorry to hear it, but you have done much for us all and there has to be a time to take a breath

Looking forward to you sharing what you do for yourself, and as always, look forward to your sharing of information of your experiences.  FE or otherwise

---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

gregaba

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2022, 05:27:11 PM »
Good luck in your retirement. I am 75 and decided to retire about 5 years ago and found out I am busier then before I retired.
Greg

JamesonRacing

• 1966 - What a great year for FOMOCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2022, 08:13:13 PM »
Proud to have three JDC manifolds in the stable. Thanks for the fine work and dedication!
1966 Fairlane GT, Silver Blue/Black 496/C4 (9.93@133)
1966 Fairlane GT, Nightmist Blue/Black 465/TKO (11.41@122)
1966 Fairlane GTA Conv, Antique Bronze/Black, 418EFI/C6
1966 F250 C/S, Rangoon Red, 445/T19
1965 Falcon Futura 4-door, Turquoise, EF! Z2363/4R70W

BruceS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2022, 07:24:15 AM »
Joe hope you are able to enjoy life and our old cars at your own pace!  I've followed your posts and accomplishments with interest over the past few years.

Happy Fathers Day
66 Fairlane 500, 347-4V SB stroker, C4
63 Galaxie 500 fastback, 482 SO 4V, Cruise-O-Matic

rcodecj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2022, 08:09:45 AM »
Joe, thanks for porting my PI intake many years ago. Enjoy your well deserved retirement!

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2022, 10:10:35 AM »
Joe, best wishes for a well deserved retirement.  I hope we continue to see you here - Jay
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2022, 10:31:38 AM »
Joe, best wishes for a well deserved retirement.  I hope we continue to see you here - Jay

+1 Joe!  We need guys like you to stick around here  :D
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

rockhouse66

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2022, 08:32:09 PM »
Joe - I don't know you personally but bought a drag car from the estate of "SOHC Bob" from the old forum and the intake had your initials on it so I knew it was a good piece.  That engine ran killer!  Best wishes for good progress on your own stuff; I know how hard it is to work on that when there is customer work coming in the door. 
Jim

428kidd

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2022, 07:29:24 AM »
Thank you Joe for everything you did , thank you also for your service. Enjoy your retirement it is well earned.

MeanGene

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2022, 09:46:58 AM »
Joe - I don't know you personally but bought a drag car from the estate of "SOHC Bob" from the old forum and the intake had your initials on it so I knew it was a good piece.  That engine ran killer!  Best wishes for good progress on your own stuff; I know how hard it is to work on that when there is customer work coming in the door.

Pretty sure I talked to you after you bought Bob's Mach1, which in fact was an SCJ car, stripped out. That car ran in NorCal for years. Bob was a great guy, saw him at the Point many times. He came back one time all jazzed, said I know I got air that time! I said yeah, about a half inch lol. He sold me a very early LR 2x4 intake that I was going to put on my 406 car, but someone wanted it bad enough to talk me out of it

Tommy-T

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2022, 11:15:34 AM »
Thanks, Joe, for lots of stuff.
Thank you for your service to our country. Mrs.-C too.
Thanks for having me and Mrs.-T for dinner in your home while traveling through Texas and showing me where the magic happens in your shop. Mrs.-C is quite the cook!
Thanks for selling me the ported Edelbrock heads.
Thanks for posting about the wonderful vacations you and Mrs.-C have taken in the grad ol' US of A. Mrs.-T and I have done a couple of those.
And thanks for sharing the knowledge learned from years of experience.
Hope you just have fun from here on out.