Author Topic: Where are the good driveline shops in Minnesota?  (Read 626 times)

cleandan

• View Profile
Where are the good driveline shops in Minnesota?
« on: May 22, 2022, 09:02:36 AM »
Hello all you happy FE people, espeically those from MN.
I need some driveshaft work and I no longer know where the good shops are......or is it shop these days?

I am seeking a shop that employs talented people who can balance a driveshaft.

I have had HORRIBLE service from Clutch and U-Joint in the past.
The shop in St. Paul and the shop in Hastings I used to use are no longer in business and since that time I have not required any driveshaft services.

I sure hope there is still one good shop, with at least one good tech in the area.
I am willing to drive to get to a good shop, but I live in the south east metro if that matters.

Thanks and have a great day.

FrozenMerc

• View Profile
Re: Where are the good driveline shops in Minnesota?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 01:31:34 PM »
Minnesota is a big state, but it looks like you are hoping to find a place near the Twin Cities.  I had used a shop in Brainerd for the driveshaft on my '51 F-1 decades ago, and a quick Google Maps search shows they are also no longer there, so not much help.  Since moving to the Red River Valley, I have probably had a dozen custom driveshafts made or modified by Grand Forks Welding and Machine over the past 15 years or so.  Great bunch of folks to work with.  I am sure if you provide end type specifications, and dimensions they can make something and ship it to you.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 01:33:26 PM by FrozenMerc »

Jim Comet

• View Profile
Re: Where are the good driveline shops in Minnesota?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2022, 06:39:01 AM »
We use AA driveline in Anoka at my dealership. They have rebuilt and balanced a number of multi piece truck drive shafts for us with no problems. Not sure about performance builds but their stock stuff hasn't had a problem. Jim