Author Topic: Fiddlinbrooks - C5ae-G 427 Block  (Read 791 times)

JacksFordParts

• View Profile
Fiddlinbrooks - C5ae-G 427 Block
« on: May 09, 2022, 01:40:54 AM »
For some reason I don't get PM's on this forum, I get notified of them via email and can read them there but they do not show up here so I can't reply.

There are lots of people who know WAY more than I do about this, Kevin Rolph being one I'm sure but I'll share what I know.

You have the very first PRODUCTION 427 side oiler block Ford ever made for use in both assembly line cars AND race cars. It wasn't produced very long at all either, likely just a few months in the spring of 1965, after that run of G blocks they started a longer production run of the c5ae-h 427 block. Your block is a BIG money piece to a cobra guy with a real car.

The G is not really significant accept for the Ford engineering number sequence and being the suffix they used to identify it. They probably used the letters before that in the R&D of making test runs and decided to go full production by the time they hit G. Everytime they made an engineering change, the engineering number changed, A-B-C, etc...

Hope that is helpful and somewhat answers your question, have fun with your build. Let me know if you need anything.

Jack

fiddlinbrooks

• View Profile
Re: Fiddlinbrooks - C5ae-G 427 Block
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 11:29:33 AM »
Thank you so much for the information, you have truly made my day.  Now to decide what I want to do. 

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 11:59:18 AM »
If I were you I'd sell it to someone in need of it for restoration purposes and buy yourself a BBM block
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

JacksFordParts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 12:02:35 PM »
I agree with Mike except I would buy a Pond block instead.  Those 65 427 blocks are GOLD if in good condition...