Author Topic: Friday funny  (Read 1220 times)

shady

• View Profile
Friday funny
« on: April 15, 2022, 03:45:28 PM »
take a look at Chryslers new for 2009 tranny? Happy Easter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY5WjIvyEXo
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

gregaba

• View Profile
Re: Friday funny
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 06:09:27 PM »
All I saw was a guy driving his maverick with a lawn mower carb.
Must get great mileage.
Greg

Joey120373

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2022, 05:49:41 PM »
a year or two ago on April 1st, I was lead to the original "turbo encabulator" video.

I work as an electronics Tech ( instrumentation tech ) , and deal with oil field crews of questionably educated,  "salt of the earth" kinda guys. So, as the technology steadily progresses and more and more aspects of the job are automated, a guy like me tends to start looking more and more like a genious magician, rather than an old mechanic who knows a little bit about how electricity works.

So, when that video popped up, I immediately sent it out to all of our crew leaders as a " Introduction tutorial on Dual fuel Diesel engines ", since, at the time we were cutting our teeth on Diesel engines that would run Natural gas in tandem.

Most of them fell for it hook line and sinker. Good times.

GerryP

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2022, 09:09:16 PM »
...Introduction tutorial on Dual fuel Diesel engines ", since, at the time we were cutting our teeth on Diesel engines that would run Natural gas in tandem.

You ought to look into multi-fuel engines.  Basically just a diesel engine capable of running on gasoline, jet fuel, diesel, kerosene, white gas, or anything combustible that could be injected into the cylinder.  Continental was a big manufacturer of these engines for military use.

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 10:39:27 AM »
Variations on a theme LOL.  The Rockwell retro encabulator was the one making the rounds in power/chemical engineering circles back in those days.  Have to tune those unilateral phase detractors to synchronize your cardinal grammeters.  And we could all use sperving bearings that would run smoother in our engines along with the outstanding cooling capabilities of a panametric fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXJKdh1KZ0w

Joey120373

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2022, 05:21:41 PM »
...Introduction tutorial on Dual fuel Diesel engines ", since, at the time we were cutting our teeth on Diesel engines that would run Natural gas in tandem.

You ought to look into multi-fuel engines.  Basically just a diesel engine capable of running on gasoline, jet fuel, diesel, kerosene, white gas, or anything combustible that could be injected into the cylinder.  Continental was a big manufacturer of these engines for military use.

Not sure those would do us much good, we usually have anywhere from 14-20 2200-2500 HP engines running at a time, almost continuously. Each one will burn about 70-90 gallons an hour, it adds up quick. Natural gas is readily available, so if we feed that into the pumps it can cut our fuel consumption roughly in half. Being able to run some other form of fuel doesn’t really help.