Author Topic: Another funeral  (Read 2028 times)

Heo

• View Profile
Another funeral
« on: March 31, 2022, 11:07:37 AM »
Today i have folowed Eero, a childhood friend to the grave. Brain tumor , he was given 3 months to live.
He fighted for 10 years, the last years was awful.
Airforce officer and helicopter pilot, tumor on the headset side as many helicopter pilots get according
to my Doctor friend.
Remember first time we met when we were 5, he hit me in the head with a Oxy/Acetylen torch.
I guess it was his Finnish way to say lets be friends ;D
As kids we had a lot of fun and sometimes we barely survived the fun like the time we took a full
package of blackpowder of his father and.....
And all the mailboxex we blew up with firecrackers, bought or homebrewed
He was the first one i saw live with a pair of Cowboy boots we was 9 or 10 i sooo wanted a pair myself
Figure that, two  9 year old punkass kids running around in cowboyboots and uggly 70s clothes.
We thoght we was cool. But we probably  looked like idiots

Matces was a problem to get, but we found out this old wierd guy Sven. Who gave us matches and candy and soda
and wanted us to stay and hang out and ....nahhhh something in his behavior told us to leave as soon
as we got matches. Found out later he was a pedofile

Now at the dinner after the funeral i had an old guy on the other side of the table.We started to talk
then i recognised him same age as me ::). he used to hang out with us sometimes, then he became
a feared criminal/fighter went to jail we lost contact now he is an old tired man.

Me and Eero lost contact he joined the Airforce and moved away. Met him now and then when he was home
and we bump into each others in town. Or i met him at his brother tireshop and now he is gone...Thats life i guess

Nowadays i wisit more funerals than weddings :'( whos next of the childhood friends ?

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
Re: Another funeral
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 03:10:10 PM »
Heo -  I'm sorry for the loss of your friend  :-[ 

Yeah, they're finally starting to understand the risks of sustained electromagnetic radiation exposure.  I remember as a kid reading about State Police officers getting testicular cancer from portable radar guns.  When they weren't shooting cars, they would rest the guns in their laps...

Again, my condolences for your loss.
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 03:34:32 PM »
Heo -  I'm sorry for the loss of your friend  :-[ 

Yeah, they're finally starting to understand the risks of sustained electromagnetic radiation exposure.  I remember as a kid reading about State Police officers getting testicular cancer from portable radar guns.  When they weren't shooting cars, they would rest the guns in their laps...

Again, my condolences for your loss.

Thanks Bill

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2022, 04:12:54 PM »
Sorry for your loss, Heo. My father passed away last Saturday. We're burying him tomorrow. He was a dedicated Ford guy that worked at the Lima engine plant for 30 years. Started me off on flatheads as soon as I could walk.

Lost way too many friends the last several years also. Almost became one of them when I had a bad heart attack right before Christmas. Life is short, so make the best of it and appreciate your friends and family while you're able to. I'm lucky enough to count you as a friend.  :)
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2022, 05:18:19 PM »
Sorry for your loss, Heo. My father passed away last Saturday. We're burying him tomorrow. He was a dedicated Ford guy that worked at the Lima engine plant for 30 years. Started me off on flatheads as soon as I could walk.

Lost way too many friends the last several years also. Almost became one of them when I had a bad heart attack right before Christmas. Life is short, so make the best of it and appreciate your friends and family while you're able to. I'm lucky enough to count you as a friend.  :)

Sorry for your loss Doug, I remember i met him briefly when we was at your place.
He said if i ever had owned a 460 chances was big he had instaled the right head on it i think

So you had a hart attack? I hope you recover fully. Yes life is short time to fully enjoy what we have left of it
my friend

gdaddy01

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2022, 06:12:07 PM »
sorry to you guys, loss of friends is tough , I think yall have some good advice.

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2022, 06:18:14 PM »
Sorry to hear that news. Seems we reach a point in life where our best friends leave us.
Bob Maag

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2022, 08:14:13 PM »

Doug - Sorry to hear about your dad and your health challenge.  I lost my mom almost exactly a year ago.  She was a great lady.  Yes, life is precious!  I try to be just a little more thankful every day...
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2022, 08:22:33 PM »
Sorry for your loss Doug, I remember i met him briefly when we was at your place.
He said if i ever had owned a 460 chances was big he had instaled the right head on it i think

Yep, if anyone in the world had a 460, there's a good chance he put one of the heads on.  :)
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

BruceS

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2022, 07:43:48 AM »
Heo and Doug sorry for the loss of your friend and Dad.  We lost my Mom-in-Law last summer, she was 92 and I'd known her since 1973 when I met my future wife.  She was one of thousands who migrated to California from the Midwest during the dust bowl era.  It does help to be grateful every day for the ones we've lost and to appreciate even more the ones we still have in our life. 
66 Fairlane 500, 347-4V SB stroker, C4
63 Galaxie 500 fastback, 482 SO 4V, Cruise-O-Matic

428kidd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2022, 07:59:14 AM »
Heo and Doug very sorry for both of your losses!

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2022, 10:07:13 AM »
Hey - Sorry to hear about your friend.  And Doug's & Bill's parents too.  This past couple of years have been really hard on friends and relatives - seems like I get bad news every couple of weeks.  My world is getting smaller.  Really changes your perspective on things...

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2022, 12:11:19 PM »
I have laughed a couple of times today thinking about a thing the guy across the table told me
There was this guy in that village that had a private "gunrange" were he practised.
The boys overheard a conversion were a man said..I wounder how safe one is from that shoting,
im right in the direction from that damned gunrange.

So Eero got an idea. They went to the range
picked up some Mauser bullets from the sandpit behind the targets.
Then they went to the man with the safetyconsernes greenhouse
and pushed bullets in a bunch of his tomatoes. ;D
The man blew a fuse and went to the policestation with a couple of
shot tomatoes. The cops confiscated the gunrangeguys guns
The village was in uproar divided i two sides
Cops did an thorough investigation on possible balistics on 6.5 Mauser
and found ...........No holes in the glass on the greenhouse ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thats the way Eero was always bright ideas  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tommy-T

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2022, 12:16:18 PM »
May as well chime in.

Buried my mother last week. She was 90. She had a very good life and had visited all corners of the earth.

She drove all the hot rods I ever owned including my blown Mustang. She had no fear.

It's hard to except that I am now supposed to be the wise old sage of my family...as I feel clueless.

Lg57

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2022, 01:01:54 PM »
Heo and all, I very much sympathize with you about the losses of friends and relatives. I'm experiencing the same things with loss of parents now that I'm older (76). When your parents are gone it's quite a shock to realize I'm the only one left of my immediate family. So, a bit of advice, have those conversations you can before everyone is gone... What was it like growing up on the farm as child....what did you do all day on the ship in the Pacific while in transit from place to place. There's probably more to say but I'll stop. You guys know what I'm saying.