Author Topic: Lower hose  (Read 1697 times)

Blueoval77

• View Profile
Re: Lower hose
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2022, 08:04:26 AM »
Motorcraft KM=308 .
 This setup is using Jays water pump adapters and a 21" cross flow with 1.250 phenolic spacers under it from the stock lower mounts. Its important to note that I did indeed combine the short nipple on the pump with a long nipple to get the length I have so this deal is somewhat a one off . I found personally that using either of the nipples by themselves with these adapters and Jays timing cover would give you a tight fit between the cover and the nipple (Using the size that I chose which is the same as the stock CJ pump)

By the way. This radiator is the proform 69590-21 . The entire unit with fan and shroud is only 4" thick. This is a nice option for a mustang if it performs well. I havnt run this thing yet so I cannot vouch for how well it does but I dont see any reason that it wouldnt do what its supposed to at this point. I will attach a couple of pics

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
Re: Lower hose
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2022, 11:16:27 AM »
Nice find.  I have a box of hoses I bought at a old gas station auction years ago.  I've been cutting and splicing them as needed for a long while.  My Summit radiator doesn't have a drain so the lower hose hack has a splice tube with a 5/16 nut welded in the middle and a short 5/16 bolt for a drain plug.  Workes well.