Author Topic: Headers (another one for the rocket scientists)  (Read 2743 times)

cammerfe

• View Profile
Re: Headers (another one for the rocket scientists)
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2022, 11:45:59 PM »
For a set of well-tuned, equal length headers, look at a big block Ford GT. But to use them, you'd have to have a rear engine, or run them through the firewall and along the trans/diveshaft tunnel to get them out the back. And drive from the back seat. ;)

KS

For that matter "all" Ford GT's had 180* headers.

Yup, I'm aware of that, but although the FE and small-block iterations are similar, they're not exact duplicates, and since both this site and this thread seem to be about FE engines, I narrowed my reply down just a 'scosh'. ;)

KS

MeanGene

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2022, 11:06:20 AM »
I have a set of those big-tube crossover Doug's that Cantrell gave me in the late 70's- never tried them, they are hanging on the wall

Blueoval77

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2022, 02:04:18 PM »
NO way its legal to have this much fun.........

oldiron.fe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2022, 10:29:32 PM »
                                                                                                                                                              may be hard to find but i saw definite power gain on custom set --  on dyno with D-shape bends not seen every day but surprise gain-more than JAYS truck headers tested showed up -- just some  old guys   stuff!!
66' Fairlanes 427 (08/26/67- present)
66/67' Fairlanes
70' Mustang Fastback
66' Dually