Author Topic: End stands ?  (Read 2629 times)

gt350hr

• View Profile
Re: End stands ?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2022, 04:07:24 PM »
  Out here in the west , Ted Wells was one of the first to make his own end support stands. Paul @PSE copied them and took them to marked as "his" design.

1968galaxie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2022, 08:16:52 PM »
In 1982 (18 years old) I designed and had a couple sets machined for my FE.

GJCAT427

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2022, 05:41:12 AM »
Has any on tried a set of Dove stands? I have a set that I was going to try at some point.

SSdynosaur

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2022, 03:22:15 PM »
I installed a set of Dove's for a customer's engine build and found them very functional. The Dove design actually permits you to preload the rocker shaft toward the head and works well even with the, moderate-high pressure, solid roller springs. I doubt that I would recommend that rocker arrangement for a race setup utilizing race spring pressures; the individual shaft type race roller rockers are needed to take advantage of those ultimate spring pressures.

XR7

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2022, 06:59:10 PM »
I installed a set of Dove's for a customer's engine build and found them very functional. The Dove design actually permits you to preload the rocker shaft toward the head and works well even with the, moderate-high pressure, solid roller springs. I doubt that I would recommend that rocker arrangement for a race setup utilizing race spring pressures; the individual shaft type race roller rockers are needed to take advantage of those ultimate spring pressures.

I also had good luck with DOVE ends stands, and even used stock replacement shafts with them, never broke a shaft with "street" roller cam springs. I have since upgraded to T&D race paired rockers, sure like them for several reasons. I was curious what spring pressures you run on your Super Stocker, and what RPM? Maybe something like 375/1050# and 8400RPM ish???
68 Cougar XR7 GT street legal, 9.47@144.53, 3603# at the line, 487 HR center oiler, single carb, Jerico 4 speed, 10.5 tires, stock(er) suspension, all steel full interior