Author Topic: Charcoal canister  (Read 1043 times)

driveamerican

• View Profile
Charcoal canister
« on: February 05, 2022, 07:55:13 AM »
I would like to use a charcoal canister for venting tank can I vent from tank to can from can to air cleaner base?

Katz427

• View Profile
Re: Charcoal canister
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 08:55:31 AM »
A lot depends on how you're fueling the engine. Carb, or EFI, and if EFI, is it a return system ?? Then you can decide what you will need.

driveamerican

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 09:42:25 AM »
It is holley terminator x max 4150 all i want to do is get rid of fumes from gas tank vent, so can i vent to base of air cleaner or use constant intake vacuum. or can i just leave the second port open to atmosphere. I don't even know what the canaster came from i think it was a GM product one port says tank the other says purge I can pull or push air through it. I would prefer to just leave to atmosphere but can it get saturated with fumes not gas above tank but fumes.

Katz427

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2022, 10:05:31 AM »
I think you have the idea in your head! Sounds right, it is you just need to make sure you don't pull to hard on the gas tank. You already seem to know that.

Katz427

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2022, 10:11:34 AM »
I would probably use the air cleaner base, might need some restriction to get the flow you want. Also the activated charcoal, works well as a hydrocarbon sponge. You just need to be sure no liquid can get to it, you really only want vapor. I'm sure you are aware of this, but me rambling.

wowens

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 11:16:32 AM »
Where do you want to mount the canister  ?
Woody

driveamerican

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2022, 12:20:02 AM »
Thanks for replying I am going to mount on rad support and will try just putting a fitting in air cleaner base. I will post to let you know if it works just in case someone else would like to know.

driveamerican

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2022, 07:57:46 AM »
Works good .