Author Topic: Classic car title  (Read 1155 times)

Blueoval77

• View Profile
Classic car title
« on: January 07, 2022, 09:40:05 AM »
I know someone on here has had to deal with this . I have two 60s mustangs that I need titles for. I see tons of services out there for getting a title . Im interested to hear any stories from members that may have had to deal with it successful or not...

Thanks

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
Re: Classic car title
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 09:58:47 AM »
For sure going to vary by state, so just for reference - Texas

https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/buying-or-selling-a-vehicle/bought-a-vehicle-with-no-title

wowens

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 12:31:49 PM »
What state are you in ?
Woody

hbstang

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 02:00:57 PM »
i know california you can request a title thru dmv by getting the vin verified by a state dmv agent.i have bought a few cars with no title and done this with a bill of sale.
check with your state dmv first for options,before you go to an agent or title service.

FrozenMerc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 01:01:25 PM »
Go to your local DMV and ask.  It is likely alot easier than you think. 

I have done it a number of times in Minnesota, with no problems.  The key is to have the right documentation, and they will tell you exactly what you need.

Blueoval77

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2022, 09:00:43 PM »
Bah I am in Maryland , its the worst  . People using companies to obtain titles often times have issues then getting it through MD once its at that point... Makes no sense but thats how it is. Compound that by these vehicles being purged from the system some time ago so as far as the DMV drone behind the counter is concerned the car doesnt exist. Even tho they still have its certificate of origin in a box somewhere in a warehouse slowly being covered by dust..
I am giving a company in Nevada a shot , they see confident in what they do. Many years ago when I got this first one I ran it down as far as I could and even tapped some contacts in the DMV to get me copies of its original title and all of the sales stuff forwarded to the DMV from Foley Ford . Back in the early 90s I discovered the owner on record had a drinking problem and had since passed away having not even had a drivers license for many years. Both of these cars are one owner cars and both of them suffered the fate of going drag racing not long after purchased... Lets just say drag miles are much worse than "City Miles"

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2022, 09:34:41 AM »
In PA you can get a reconstructed title if the car was declared abandoned.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner