Author Topic: C9AF-9510-U couple of questions  (Read 3091 times)

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
Re: C9AF-9510-U couple of questions
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2022, 07:18:26 PM »
Along those lines....  the opposite occurs as well.  I have had to replace a few baseplates on expensive carbs because people ran without the spacer and destroyed the aluminum.

Riderjeff

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2022, 07:14:33 PM »
yes the plates are available new, they are #172 for both primary and secondary.
One oddity of CJ carbs in general is by their very nature of how the throttle shaft/plates set up, you will expose more transfer slot than normal.  This is part of why the idle feed can be set so lean.  Part of this is the plane in which the throttle shafts are machined, and the thin plates.
A trick to look out for, the secondary plates are 172 and very very thin, this makes setup critical so you don't have an exposed secondary transfer slot.

I like to use the short vs diaphragm with these or often the secondaries will not fully open.

I'm looking for these plates new, just want to be sure...  Is this the right product to repair the carb: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-26-94

Also, can you guide me to a source for the "short" diaphragm referred to?

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2022, 04:59:57 PM »
Those look like 172 plates.

As far as short stem, I  dunno a retail place offhand, I buy100s at a time.  In another few months I'll have a website up selling specific ford  rebuild kits and rebuild videos (including CJ)

Riderjeff

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2022, 01:13:52 PM »
I'm sure I speak for many here that a website for rebuild kits & videos would be awesome!  Please post it up once your live and running?

allrightmike

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2022, 04:04:54 PM »
The stock spacer is 4-hole, would that make any difference with the Streetmaster open plenum?
My impression after reading Jay's book is that single plane intakes like an open spacer.

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2022, 11:27:42 AM »
The stock spacer is 4-hole, would that make any difference with the Streetmaster open plenum?
My impression after reading Jay's book is that single plane intakes like an open spacer.

Generally maybe could be.  LOL - every motor seems to like something different.  My 351C tall single plane likes the 2" 4 hole.