Author Topic: WTB Dual Groove Generator Pulley  (Read 1126 times)

The Real McCoy

• View Profile
WTB Dual Groove Generator Pulley
« on: January 05, 2022, 07:42:59 AM »
Looking for a dual groove generator pulley for a 63 Galaxie FE application. This pulley would be what comes on the generator for a 63-64 with air and power steering. Pulley size is about 3 1/8” OD with a 5/8”hole for the shaft, the hole would also be machined for a woodruff key.  Anyone got one of these laying around?

For lack of finding the correct pulley looking for a good source for an aftermarket pulley that would work. I looked at Summit, they have lots of dual groove alternator pulleys, largest diameter was only about 2 5/8” and I don’t think any had a woodruff key. How important is the woodruff key on the generator if alternators get by without them?
63 1/2 Galaxie 500
428 CJ Stroker with 427 2x4 Intake, 427 Long Exhaust Manifolds, Quick Fuel Carbs and TKO 600.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it’s what we know for sure that just ain’t so."                            Mark Twain

Keith Stevens

• View Profile
Re: WTB Dual Groove Generator Pulley
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 01:49:58 AM »
Are you looking for the B1AE two groove cast iron unit that was used on the single groove balancer and the 406,427 and 428 PI ?

The Real McCoy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 09:51:29 AM »
I’m not really sure on a part # but am interested in any dual groove pulley for a generator. It could be a cast iron pulley but I’m not sure of this detail. If you got a dual groove pulley I would certainly be interested in reviewing the details of it.

My balancer is a single groove, I have dual groove water pump pulley and dual groove crank pulley that bolts on to the damper. The pulley that bolts to the damper accommodates the the second groove of the water pump/generator and power steering.

I’m not sure if a HiPo 406/427 ever had a dual groove generator pulley but think they had a little bigger diameter to slow the generator down at high RPM.  428 PI probably had an alternator, if they were dual groove I guess that might be an alternative depending on diameter and mounting details.

63 1/2 Galaxie 500
428 CJ Stroker with 427 2x4 Intake, 427 Long Exhaust Manifolds, Quick Fuel Carbs and TKO 600.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it’s what we know for sure that just ain’t so."                            Mark Twain

MeanGene

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 02:10:33 PM »
Might have one, need to look

The Real McCoy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 02:34:01 PM »
Appreciate you looking. Let me know. Thanks
63 1/2 Galaxie 500

Keith Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 12:37:22 AM »
I have a C5TE dual groove alternator pulley. I don't know if it's applicable to a generator or not. Without a doubt all  autolite/motorcraft applications.
I also have a spare cast dual groove B1AE crank pulley. They are used on the 67 GT500 as well and don't come cheap these days.

The Real McCoy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 12:19:54 PM »
What is the O.D. of your C5TE pulley and does it have a slot for a woodruff key.  I’m not certain I absolutely need to have a woodruff key as it seem a lot of the alternators don’t have them.  Is it possible to post a picture of the pulley?

I’m good to go on the crankshaft, water pump and power steering pulley’s, just the generator dual groove pulley is the one I’m struggling to track down.
63 1/2 Galaxie 500

Keith Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2022, 07:51:19 AM »
It's from a 67 GT500. It's from the police interceptor with dual alternator belts. Let me see if I can find it this morning. It's about 2.25"