Author Topic: WTB Jay Brown intake adapter and tunnel ram  (Read 1567 times)

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
WTB Jay Brown intake adapter and tunnel ram
« on: November 27, 2021, 06:35:55 PM »
Ok, I've got ideas of trying to put a tunnel ram on the wagon.   Just another "old school thing" I'd like to do.  Years ago I tried to put an Algon injection manifold on it but it became a bit expensive.  So, the next best thing to hang out of the hood would be a pair of carbs and some velocity stacks.  Why?  WTH...why not.

Jay's website says next June before there will be adapters available, so after not finding anything at Columbus today I thought I would put some feelers out looking for someone that has one and no real plans for it.  Of course the intake is also out of stock til March, so if someone has one available also I'm interested.

I poked around on Ebay, nothing.  I did find a pair of NOS gold velocity stacks for $995!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   What in the wide, wide worlda sports is THAT!!!! 
Larry

MeanGene

• View Profile
Re: WTB Jay Brown intake adapter and tunnel ram
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 08:08:27 PM »
I have an original PSE one that I might turn loose, also have an extra Weiand TR. Lemme think on it. Adapter is polished on the outside, and ported on the inside. Gotta love the inscription underneath

bsprowl

• View Profile
    • Ford FE Information
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 11:50:35 PM »
I have one of Jay's adapters and an Offy tunnel ram.  My plans have been delayed for at least a year. call me tomorrow afternoon. 334-306-2686

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 06:43:33 PM »
Larry, just an FYI my web site is out of date.  I was out of intake adapter castings starting in April, but received a bunch over the last month.  All have been machined and all but three have been sold to people who have called and put their name on my list. I'm currently machining the center cover plates and road draft tube covers for the last ones, and then the last three will be available, but not until after the PRI show, because I need them to display there.  So, I will have three intake adapters ready after the 13th of December.  Let me know if you want one and I'll put your name on one of them.

The more difficult part might be to find the Weiand tunnel ram; they have been out of stock for months, and I'm not sure when they will be back in stock.  Lots of them out there though, you might have some luck finding a used one.
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

Dumpling

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2021, 07:30:59 PM »
Curious what you are thinking the PSE adapter might be worth?
Adapter only...

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2021, 08:38:51 PM »
Thanks for the update Jay.  I have an adapter that I'll pick up tomorrow.  Guess it can be replaced if need be.

I have feelers out for the tunnelram also from various friends that dabble in Clevelands.  Time will tell on that.
Larry

Robin Maroney

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2021, 01:28:41 PM »
 have a new Weiand 2x4 in the box, tunnel ram  #wei-1995   $450 plus shipping
side mount linkage (parts missing) have main alum bracket, bell crank. hime joints 2ea l&r  stands $100
 will ship in box. *will not sell septerate unless intake goes first
Phone call only  *NO TEXTS  509-434-8732

gregaba

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2021, 07:45:05 PM »
If Larry isn't interested in the intake I am.
Would like some pictures if it isn't to much trouble.
Greg

gregaba

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2021, 07:49:06 PM »
I just checked the web and the 1995 is for a Chrysler 348-360.
The 351C is a 1994.
Greg
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 08:07:03 PM by gregaba »

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2021, 08:16:15 PM »
Well sometimes you're the dog.........Jay has an adapter he is sending and through some great connections I have a new Weiand tunnel ram coming from Detroit area.

Got to love it when a plan comes together.
Larry