Author Topic: What a......place  (Read 1776 times)

Heo

• View Profile
What a......place
« on: September 22, 2021, 01:24:26 PM »
Me and the wife took a trip to Haparanda at the Finnish border today.
A few weeks ago a friend of the wife recomended, The River Restaurant
Never heard of it, not to brag but i suspected it was somewhere along the river.... ;)
I Found an 60s brick building with a sundeck that looked to be on its last leg
everything looked like it was decorated by a blind hippie and a sign painted with a spraycan
RIVER.... :o ;D ;D No way im eating here i told wife, lets get a burger.
Wife that always are positiv laughed and said...Maybe the chef is better than the decorator ;D

Anyway after trying to get a burger or chinesefood with no succes we decided to live a little on
the wild side and went in to the River :o. First room looked like a Bar at a Biker Club with the obligatory
mirror wall, Jack Daniel and Harley signs , but instead of someones left behind lace G-strings nailed to the wall
there was crocheted table clothes , Wife said i guess you get nostalgic now, grining. Behind the bar was a
good looking blond in leather in her early 20s. How may i help you? she asked the wife. Oh we like to eat
Eat?? okay......Is there a problem with that i asked? No No...not realy but...Folow me she said to the wife
she showed  us a table in the next room and said what do you like to drink? Can we get a menue? So we know what to order
Yes but....Beer, Wine,a drink or what you like to drink before the food? I ordered a Carlsberg hof, wife ordered Ice water to the
blondes pussled look. Okay i find you some menues and of she went. We looked around, the room had the same decorator as outside
furniture was of the sturdy type. Probably to withstand a better barfight. Down in the corner there was a man sitting and sleeping
with a half empty beer glas on the table.
And then i realiced It was not a restaurant! it is the place where Finnish ladies in there 70s go to get drunk.....Clock was 10 past 4 but they where already
happy, laughing and talking loud. Judging by the makeup on some of them they had already started drinking before they left home ;D
I told wife i bet its easy to get laid here in a few hours if you dont are picky ;D
Blonde show up with two wrinkled worn menues and our drinks. Asks wife, are you sure you dont want anything....stronger to drink?
Since the table not stuck to our hands and floor was clean, and the cutlery dont had greasy finger prints we decided to eat.
we ordered grilled chicken with grilled goatchese and french fries
Suprice suprice the food was realy good well made big portions nicely precented on the plate, best fries i have ever eaten
Wife and blond talked a lot  when we paid. seemed genuinly nice

Lets see if we have to bring the night puking :o :o :o :o

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

wowens

• View Profile
Re: What a......place
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 01:37:54 PM »
Whenever I see "Heo" on a post I always read it.  Your posts are always entertaining and informative.  Keep up the good work.
Woody

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 02:30:34 PM »
Whenever I see "Heo" on a post I always read it.  Your posts are always entertaining and informative.  Keep up the good work.

Ditto  ;D

If you ever get a chance to meet him, he's as nice as he seems, and just as funny in person. I don't have much of a desire to leave the country, but if I did, I'd go visit Heo. :)
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

SSdynosaur

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 02:44:12 PM »
Times 2. Only a tiny portion of the people we meet during our lifetimes are, truly, gifted with the innate ability to express themselves in a manner that, consistently, comes off as humorous, no matter the situation. Heo is, definitely, one of those special personalities.

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 08:06:20 PM »
Yes indeed!  Heo is one of those guys I must meet.  No, it's not because of the hat collection.
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

Dumpling

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 08:32:34 PM »
Pictures might have been nice 😃

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2021, 02:52:56 AM »
Thanks guys fo the nice words.  I sometimes hesitate to write thinking who want to read this
or thinks im flatout lying. But it is a way for me to train up my English after my strokes where
much of it got away. Its not easy to express yourself in a language you are not raised with

Its morning here now and our bodies have not tried to eject the chicken
in any direction so i think we are safe

Dumpling, Pics coming next time we go there  wife forgot the phone this time Do you want with
or without drunk Finnish ladies? ;) ;D ;D

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Dumpling

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 08:58:40 AM »
How do you tell the Finnish ladies from the Swedish?
You can't tell me Swedish ladies don't get drunk, I took the overnight ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki and the goal of the passengers seemed to be to get drunk.

Any pictures would be good 😁

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 12:16:43 PM »
The language is a big clue ;D and Swedish ladies in their 70s drink at home alone
 a regular wednesday afternoon
Yes the ferry to Finland is a well known big floating orgie in booze and sex ;D ;D ;D

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 07:11:36 PM »
Its morning here now and our bodies have not tried to eject the chicken
in any direction so i think we are safe
ROFLMAO
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

TomP

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2021, 10:43:50 PM »
Pix with the drunk Finnish ladies will be fine!

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2021, 05:49:55 AM »
Pix with the drunk Finnish ladies will be fine!

I trye to fix that in a few weeks, we are defenitly visit the River again

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2021, 08:30:44 AM »
" The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it "

LOL!  So true  ;D
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.