Author Topic: Meeting another od fellow today  (Read 1021 times)

Heo

• View Profile
Meeting another od fellow today
« on: August 24, 2021, 02:44:33 PM »
Today was probably the last nice day of the summer, So wife and i decided to
take a cartrip ended up in Haparanda on a nice cafeĀ“ that two Finnish sisters
have. Through the window i see a guy arriving on a ordinary Cresent ladys cycle
from the 60s, thougt notting about that until....That guy try to buy two Coca Colas
with a realy thick dialect from the most southern point of Sweden . I hear that he
litle by little get the Finnis sister to understand his almost Dannish  and he tell the sister
he has riden his bike all the way to here, took him 24 days. I could not resist start a coversation
with him. I became sure his framework missing some beams. he was going to drink those two cokes and turn back home
He lived in the same town as my wifes mother so about 1800 kilometers home to the other end of Sweden Haparanda
is the bordertown to finlad far northeast hes town is down at the south coast

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
Re: Meeting another od fellow today
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 05:03:40 PM »
Maybe he saw Forest Gump,  and decided to do the same thing, but on a bicycle  ;D
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

Dan859

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 06:17:33 PM »
I remember the commercial, "I'd walk a mile for a Camel".  Now, it's "I'd ride 1800 kilometers for two cokes".  Must be inflation)).

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 10:50:15 PM »
I remember the old beer commercial where the guy is crawling through the desert and comes upon an old man who says "I've got some real nice cold water"....and the fellow replies..."no that's okay, I was really looking for a Stroh's"..............  :o

LOL!!  Guess your fellow was really looking for a Coke?
Larry

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 11:38:57 PM »
Maybe the guy was related to Goran Kropp?

That crazy Swede rode his bicycle from Sweden to the base camp of Mt. Everest, then climbed the mountain without oxygen  :o :o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6ran_Kropp
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 11:54:01 PM »
I remember the old beer commercial where the guy is crawling through the desert and comes upon an old man who says "I've got some real nice cold water"....and the fellow replies..."no that's okay, I was really looking for a Stroh's"..............  :o

LOL!!  Guess your fellow was really looking for a Coke?
It was below freezing in the morning. guy living in a tent he finds a CafeĀ“. you would imagine
Give me a HOT Coffe and a couple of sandwishes.....Nooooo   i take two ice cold cokes ???

What a Comercial for Coca Cola filming the guy going uphill at Skule mountain in scorsing heat,
getting passed by timber trucks on full throtle in pouring rain, Fixing a flat tire in the deep forrest
fighting mosquitos big as bordercollies finally waking up with frost outside the tent going to the Cafe
getting his two cokes.....IT WAS WORTH WATING FOR ;D ;D

Funny thing is there was a bicycle race the same stretch in the 50s. A man from that town Skurup
wanted to enter the race but was deamed to old to enter. So he took matter in own hands and entered
out of competition on a regular ladies bike . He was the first rider arriving in Haparanda 24 hour before
the second rider. media named him
Steel grandpa od looking fellow with loooong gray beard and alway a berret on his head

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4e/1d/05/4e1d051a312196845f14ebaeaeb18845.jpg
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 12:08:47 AM by Heo »

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2021, 01:17:03 PM »
Maybe he saw Forest Gump,  and decided to do the same thing, but on a bicycle  ;D

I did some reserach and he is called the CycleKing in his hometown, And the way he talked and his double teets rows
I think he is the local Forest Gump :D