Author Topic: Cruise-O-Matic Transmission and Other Odds Ends  (Read 994 times)

HarleyJack17

• View Profile
Cruise-O-Matic Transmission and Other Odds Ends
« on: August 19, 2021, 01:47:21 PM »
I bought a motor/trans combo in hopes of good block/rotating parts etc...most of it I do not need.

Transmission seems to be all there, dirty, but not too bad at all considering the age.  Code is PFB-A with short tail shaft, flange style yoke. Aluminum case and bell, cast center section for an FE. Has cover, and TQ converter, all parts seem to be there, even the funky side cooler or what ever that is.  Kind of neat as I have not seen one of these.  Sold as core, as is where is, $150 o.b.o you tell me?

Will likely have a set of 68 FE heads, 2v cast intake, carb, and other odds and ends that was bolted to it. I have to tear into it to confirm exactly what it is, it was rebuilt at some point as it has tag on the side stating as such....loving the boat plug type freeze plugs HAHA....odds are it is a 352 from the era as all of it fits the story, came out of an old truck, said it was a 390, info points to a 352 yada yada you all know the story.  It is all there though which is not common around here and it was cheap so I made the gamble.

Also, I still have a like new Canton FE 4x4 oil pan with pickup. Someone buy this thing. Has 8 dyno pulls on it. Black in color.  Otherwise it will end up getting customized....hate to butcher a new pan but will if it does not sell.

Anyway, before scrapping things out and knowing things are hard to find, I wanted to give the opportunity out here. If you are interested in anything let me know. Open to offers/trades, ship on your dime if you want it, but definitely prefer local pick up. Central, Arkansas.
You can PM and we can work off text for pics etc.  I will likely start the motor tear down next week.

Will consider trades: Interested in Streetmaster, Victor, or RPM intake, ....aftermarket rocker stands/end supports, new rocker shafts or if anyone has some Morel rollers they want to part with...plus boot money on my end if needed. Just throwing that out there.

Thanks for looking.

475fetoploader

• View Profile
Re: Cruise-O-Matic Transmission and Other Odds Ends
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2022, 12:07:48 AM »
Can I assume the 4x4 oil pan is no longer around? Thanks
1967  Fairlane Tunnel Wedge on Proports.
1975 4x4 461 f.e. 4speed Dual Quads on 38’s
Love many, Trust few. Always paddle your own canoe.