Author Topic: DSC Motorsports  (Read 14441 times)

valvecover

• View Profile
DSC Motorsports
« on: April 08, 2013, 09:04:50 PM »
i buy a set of SOHC valve covers from this vendor

ships them parcel post and wouldn't spend .59 for a lousy tracking number

i plan on buying more sets of SOHC valve covers and intakes in the future,but not from this vendor

frankenfords

• View Profile
Re: DSC Motorsports
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 08:16:42 PM »
Actually, I've bought many parts from DSC over the years, and have found his service and the quality of the parts to be better than satisfactory.

I have no affilitation with DSC other than having been a customer, but I'm sorry you felt the need to trash the company publicly for a measly $0.59.

Be very grateful you never had the misfortune of dealing with Ron Miller at Ford Power Parts.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 08:19:48 PM by frankenfords »

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 04:07:54 AM »
by Parcel Post, I assume you mean USPS.
That being the case, everyone of them gets a tracking number for free on the receipt.  It's listed under transaction number.  He could have given you that.  Buying a tracking number from usps doesn't make any sense.

valvecover

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 07:26:41 AM »
That being the case, everyone of them gets a tracking number for free on the receipt.  It's listed under transaction number.  He could have given you that.  Buying a tracking number from usps doesn't make any sense.

the receipt number is not a tracking number
I have no affilitation with DSC other than having been a customer, but I'm sorry you felt the need to trash the company publicly for a measly $0.59.

the valve covers i purchased cost $600,not .59

tracking is the only way for me,the customer to know where the $600 valve covers i paid for are

if they disappear during shipping,i am forced to dispute the credit card charge,which takes forever

the seller obtained insurance to protect himself,not the customer,but didnt spend to get delivery confirmation for his customer.

and shipping a $600 set of valve covers parcel post is ridiculous when UPS and Fedex are the same price and shipping is a lot faster and more secure

btw,it has been 7 days and my valve covers have still not arrived,and i have no idea where they are,and i have no proof from the buyer they have actually even been shipped
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 08:27:59 AM by valvecover »

valvecover

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 08:32:05 AM »
took me 30 seconds to find this on google:

Okay Guy's, I very rarely leave bad feedback for anyone and I've been doing this for over 20 years. I ordered a part from Dennis at DSC Motorsports and never received it. Dennis billed my credit card and did not provide a tracking number or give me any indication the part had been shipped. I purchased this off of his ebay store. It has been over 3 weeks and he has been avoiding my calls and emails. When I finally got a hold of him he still couldn't give me a tracking number but said the part had been shipped. Then he threatened me for leaving him bad feedback on ebay (something I've never had to do before).
Did I mention I still don't have the part. Anyway DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY. HE IS A CROOK. Now I have to try and get my money back. Good luck.

I recently had a bad experience with DSC motorsports. Needless to say I never received the part I ordered. This was almost 3 weeks ago. I spoke with Dennis (when I placed the order) who billed my credit card. I tried to call his number several times after this with no luck. I also sent several emails as well. I finally received an email from him after giving him bad feedback on ebay. He said the part was shipped but he didn't have a tracking number? Then after explaining to him I was upset because I was not able to get a hold of him he said it was my problem. He also couldn't tell me when the part was shipped (if it was). Then he threatened me saying that he was going to give me a bad response on ebay. He also said that he was going to get the part back just to piss me off and send me my money. This tells me he never sent the part to begin with. I just thought you guy's should know. Now I have to try and get my money back. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY!!!

lovehamr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 09:11:19 AM »
Those posts look like they're from the same guy, just on different forums. 

While I would want a TN for an item that costs that much as well, I would know up front what sort of shipping arraignments were to be made before I paid.  If you're saying that DSC promised you a TN then did NOT follow through, I can understand your ire.  If no such promise was made before the purchase, and you just made an assumption, then I would chalk it up as a lesson learned and go on with life.  If my parts came in good shape, I would even deal with that vendor again if I could get the desired shipping option.

In summation, this is faaaaaaaaaar from the worst thing that I’ve seen in on-line vendors and wouldn’t even put a blip on my radar.

Steve
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 09:13:48 AM by lovehamr »

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 09:31:37 AM »
Valvecover, a suggestion. If and when those covers appear, we'd all appreciate a check back on the details. Dennis (RiverRacer @DSC) has been a long time supplier to Ford fans and it's rare to hear any negatives. Still, things & people change over time and we'd all like to hear the resolution, I'm sure.
Bob Maag

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 01:28:43 PM »
Funny we never heard back on DSC's business failings.  I waited until now to hear from our poster but didn't really expect an answer (what happened).

Over on the SBF Forum I've recommended Dennis' company numerous times, all with good luck. One of the best deals was when Roger, an Englishman and Sunbeam Tiger fan, asked on that site about the now kinda' rare 5-bellhousing bolt early 260-289 blocks.  Told him to contact DSC as he had them. Lo and behold, some months later Roger posted a blog where he and few others in merry ole' England had contracted with DSC to crate and ship 5 (think it was 5) bare blocks via container from California across the USA and then across the pond. Upon arrival, the blocks were sent to a Ford heavy engine shop for checking. All were in fine shape, fully usable and the total price for the trip and the engines was, per Roger, very reasonable.

Though some here might want to know that! 
Bob Maag

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 10:20:44 PM »

the receipt number is not a tracking number

and yet, you can still track it with the receipt number:
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action

happy to help.
dp

428GT500

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 11:40:31 PM »
 I think Mr. Valvecover just has an axe to grind because he wanted rock bottom shipping and took the cheapest offering. I have done business with Dennis for over ten years without ever one issue, and I know many others who would also vouch for him.  Fed Ex and USPS Parcel Post are not even close price wise.  It's not just weight, but packaging dimensions that dictate cost. They also have an internal tracking number when the package carries insurance. You can't track it on line, but the post office can track the package. Granted, Parcel post can take up to two weeks CONUS, it is much less expensive. I'd venture to guess that his covers arrived safe and sound and he just was chomping at the bit.
I will personally vouch for Dennis, his great service and excellent reputation for honest dealings.

-Keith

Bad Byrd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 12:30:06 AM »
I also have had great luck with these guys, now I dont want to point fingers...............but some people feel entitled to special treatment because of what they deem as a lot of money. Not saying that is the case here..................but I have had nothing but great service from DSC.

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 11:42:24 AM »
My DSC story, a repeat from my (see above) July 2103 post!

Almost 2 years go now, as pretty much the only mod on the Net' 54 SBF forum, a poster in merry old England asked about a U.S. source for the now pretty rare 5-bolt (bellhousing) 260-289 Windsor bare blocks used for correct restorations of early AC Cobras and Sunbeam Tigers.
Without hesitation, I linked him up to Dennis' site and gave a big thumbs up for this long time Ford vendor. I heard no more for some months thereafter.

Then our poster came back and said that the five (yes, five!) bare blocks DSC sent on a long overland USA trip and then steam-shipped to London had arrived and all were as advertised! DSC did all the container work, shipping arrangements, customs stuff and local delivery too. I had no idea that this turned into a major effort by a group of English Ford followers who also stated that the total price was quite reasonable and they would not hesitate to use DSC again. "Nuff said  :)       

http://www.network54.com/Forum/119417/
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:59:47 AM by machoneman »
Bob Maag

RiverRacer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 04:46:02 PM »
Don't really want to get involved in this. I thank those that have spoken up here for me and appreciate their support.

First off, I have NEVER shipped a set of SOHC ValveCovers that has been 'Lost', and, in fact, these were purchased on 3-29 and shipped on 4-2. They were delivered on 4-10 at 11:41 a.m.

Second, everything I ship is insured for FULL VALUE(to protect both the buyer and myself in the event of loss), and third, EVERY item I ship comes 'Signature Required'. There is a separate tracking number for that, which is provided to each customer.

I do my utmost to treat each customer as tho they are my ONLY CUSTOMER, and give each of them the time, service, and information that is required to satisfy their needs.

I don't know who this customer is, but I can tell you that he WAS supplied a tracking number and DID receive his Valve Covers. And when he did, they were EXACTLY as described and pictured.

That's the way I do business. Thanks to all for your valued support, and your business.

Dennis

DSC Motorsport
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:48:56 PM by RiverRacer »