Author Topic: RPM Intake CJ Heads-- Gaskets  (Read 1081 times)

390rpm

• View Profile
RPM Intake CJ Heads-- Gaskets
« on: June 18, 2021, 12:07:00 PM »
I've got a couple sets of intake gaskets. The maligned Felpro 1246 and Mr. Gasket 202A. I'll be running the CJ heads and match the roof and walls of RPM intake to it. I'll probably leave the floors alone since most of the flow is up top anyway. I think the 202A will work with the RPM, but have little sealing surface on the CJ heads. Should I get more gaskets? 

Also-- I assume the areas of importance regarding the intake would be the roof and short-side wall? Are there any plenum mods worth trying as well? Thanks. 

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
Re: RPM Intake CJ Heads-- Gaskets
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 02:03:57 PM »
A 202A may seal, and probably would, but there's not a lot of room for error there.  If someone was careless with the floors of your heads, it would make the gasket not usable. 

A MS90145 Felpro gasket will work, as well as a Mr. Gasket 206G.  Most aftermarket MR intakes have enough meat below the bottom of the port opening that a LR gasket will seal up. 
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

390rpm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 02:45:03 PM »
Floors are essentially stock. It's more bowl, roof, and guide work than anything. I'll use the RPM intake. I've known engine builders to use those print-o-seal gaskets on other engines, but they always scrape the "sealing material" off. I'm not sure if that helps. My dad never liked them on anything he worked on.

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 06:51:26 PM »
A 202A may seal, and probably would, but there's not a lot of room for error there.  If someone was careless with the floors of your heads, it would make the gasket not usable. 

A MS90145 Felpro gasket will work, as well as a Mr. Gasket 206G.  Most aftermarket MR intakes have enough meat below the bottom of the port opening that a LR gasket will seal up.

390rpm, heed this advice, 202 is the wrong gasket for the head. The two Brent listed are correct
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch