Author Topic: Thanks for the gas info!  (Read 1237 times)

Cyclone03

• View Profile
Thanks for the gas info!
« on: May 19, 2021, 09:51:02 PM »
Thank you to all who positively replied to my gas question last week,that went off the rails and got locked.
We made it to our new home in Colorado safe and sound but now I have to go back this weekend and do it again!
I have to bring my FE Mustang home!
If you see a blue 68 Mustang on a trailer it’s me,and it’s not broken!
Lance H

Keith Stevens

• View Profile
Re: Thanks for the gas info!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 01:15:15 AM »
While I'm certainly overwhelmed with joy for anyone who finds a place to call home, I find it rather sad that grown men can't have a discussion when politics are factoring into ownership, use, parts suppliers and villainization of the aforementioned. Just like those who own firearms.
Perhaps many just don't have the ability to assess threats and refuse to discuss them or act on them until it affects them or their livelihoods and freedoms directly. I am seeing here what I saw in Southern California start in earnest. Many of use pick up and relocate as freedoms and our incomes are redistributed to those who didn't earn them.
I saw a couple comments and looked at the thread you're referencing.  One individual was targeted who seemed to not only want to learn and disseminate knowledge but to help others.
Is this where all the forums are heading? Mass censorship? 
Perhaps it's more of a warning of the heading we're on. I certainly hope I'm wrong in this regard. However, somehow I don't think so.

This will be my only post of this nature. It doesn't need or require hostile rebuttal nor does it warrant removal.  Thank you to those who are here to impart knowledge, not just testosterone in the quest of being right.

Safe travels and best wishes for you and your family.   KS

Cyclone03

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 08:59:09 AM »
Keith believe it or not even your post above pushes JAYS NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION RULE.

JAY and only Jay runs this site he can delete or block anything he sees fit,I’m ok with that.

I don’t have the highest post count here but I have been here from the beginning,we all know what’s going on in the world but an old engine forum is not the place to fix it.

I went to the off topic page,made an off topic post and am grateful to the ones who offer info to my query. The first post it went off should have been skipped with no comment on it. That’s what I do.

Everybody here has a political opinion ,just like a certain body part,but this isn’t the place to hear from either of them.

Someday we may meet , we can all high five our politics,and rip on each other in person but not behind a keyboard!
Lance H

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 09:04:06 AM »
Glad you made it fine!  I've noticed that fuel prices haven't change much if any since your request.  Which is good.  The F-350 carries a 48 gallon tank and the F-150 around 26.  The old F-350 has dual 18s.  Ouch!

When my wife raced a Mustang, we'd go every year to Dallas to the bracket finals.  Pulled on open trailers at that time.  Every time we stopped for gas, people would flat ignore the Falcon and congregate around the Mustang.  Several photo sessions were the norm at the fuel stops.  So, be ready for the fan base!

Cyclone03

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 07:16:37 PM »
I made it home again this time with the Mustang. Rutan Pass was a treat this time. Either snow or hail got dumped on the summit it was like driving on gravel for about 5 miles. The road had some heat in it so it seemed to melt and created twin rivers for the tires to ride in.
Mustang is a filthy mess but un harmed.
Lance H

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2021, 03:35:52 PM »
Glad to know both of you made it to the new home, even if dirty and tired.