Author Topic: Something for you Y-block guys...  (Read 4886 times)

KMcCullah

• View Profile
Re: Something for you Y-block guys...
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2021, 07:53:34 AM »
Neat barn hot rod. I'm amazed at how well preserved the underside sheet metal is. I'm with Tommy though, it would be an awesome gasser.

Dad tells stories of a '55 business coupe he hot rodded in the 60's. He said he had a fleet of T-10's for it. One for Friday night, one for Saturday night and one to get him to work on Monday.  8)
Kevin McCullah

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2021, 08:19:07 AM »
You are a better and more civilized man than I.

I'd have started hacking and butchering that car as soon as I had indoors.

That thing's crying for a tube axle and hacked fenders for a 12" cheater slick. Multi-carbed FE motor and fenderwell headers.

It wasn't an easy decision, I can tell you. I originally had planned on making it my drag car, but not the gasser type. I had plans of a tunnelram and cutout wheelwells, but with the car being so complete and original, and being in such good shape, and with a healthy stash of NOS parts for it, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. There are better candidates out there for hacking and cutting one up. I also like my cruisers, so this will get some serious street miles on it.

I will admit though, it would look cool as a gasser.  8)
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2021, 01:16:10 PM »
Just seeing this Doug and wow almost a time capsule. Was this car in your family I know you said it was there when you got there but we dont know who you bought the property from. As clean as it is hopefully it wont be to much work I know you have your hands in another project i believe.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2021, 08:53:23 AM »
Just seeing this Doug and wow almost a time capsule. Was this car in your family I know you said it was there when you got there but we dont know who you bought the property from. As clean as it is hopefully it wont be to much work I know you have your hands in another project i believe.

Joe, it wasn't a family car, but it was purchased off of the original owner by my Dad and stored in my Grandparents barn. I bought the property about 15 years ago. I chewed on him for quite a few years about letting it sit before he finally gave it up and I bought it off of him. It took me a few years to finally dig it out. I had bought some NOS parts for it many years ago, and together with some stuff that he had, there's enough NOS chrome to do the whole car. I've been selling several project cars over the last few years, along with a bunch of parts I had accumulated over the years, but this one will be a keeper.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe