Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - mike7570

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
1
Member Projects / Re: NHRA 68 Stocker Project
« on: September 26, 2026, 11:28:43 AM »
Looking good, what color are you going to paint it? 
I had family issue come up and couldn’t go to the Bakersfield double. Looks like Vegas divisional to try out the new headers and tune.
By the way I also have a set of ‘68 bumpers I’m not using do you want them?

2
FE Technical Forum / Tools
« on: September 10, 2026, 08:11:58 PM »
These are a must have for the top and bottom bolts, I wish I had picked them up sooner.


3
I put in 28 on the large tube Hooker race headers in a mustang. But then I’m a bit OCD.
New REF race headers only have 8 per side (top and bottom) easier than the Hookers but like the Hookers you have to install the individual tubes in the right order or your removing them multiple times until you get it right.
Ask me how I know. Haha!

4
FE Technical Forum / Re: Potentially dumb FE question number 2 for today.
« on: September 03, 2026, 10:34:22 PM »
If you have deep pockets just about anything is possible.




5
I just thought I would let everybody know unfortunately were not going to make it to the track this year. We fully intended to get at least one trip to the track. We had been running on the same pair of slick for 6 years and figured it was a good time to replace them, before we run the car. Unfortunately the race car money tree is pretty bare.
The biggest reason were not racing this year is I'm in the process of moving my shop to my house, and my race partner is relocating his shop also.
The good news here in Colorado is Bandimere is building us a new track.
Well that's it for now. GO FE POWER!!!!
Clint
What size slicks do you run?  I have some Hoosier 9x28x15 with about 20 runs. Bought them in 2024.
I have a brother in Parker CO and maybe can arrange to have them out there.  Asking $200 for the pair.

6
Member Projects / Re: NHRA 68 Stocker Project
« on: August 21, 2026, 05:07:45 PM »
I saw your PM and tried to send a response, did you get anything? My sent box is empty, I’m not sure why. There was a small box labeled “save a copy” that I forgot to check. Not sure if that was needed but my sent box doesn’t show anything.

7
Member Projects / Re: NHRA 68 Stocker Project
« on: August 20, 2026, 06:02:18 PM »
I did have a clutch pedal, not sure now, it came out of the car about 10yrs ago. I did lose or misplaced some stuff during the move to AZ. I will look through my boxes.
Brian’s car weighs about the same as mine because of the iron heads hp rating. I think he broke the transmission more times than the engines. He is persistent. I think he has put some of those problems behind him.
It will be interesting to see how well Don Keen does at Indy with his mustangs.

8
Member Projects / Re: NHRA 68 Stocker Project
« on: August 18, 2026, 10:43:33 PM »
I do plan on going to Vegas for my last divisional, I’m getting ready for the Bakersfield double in Sept. (24-27.)  I picked up some new REF headers last week and I’m hoping to pick up some et over the old Hookers.
Brian Pott from PV runs a ‘70 Mustang in B/S, runs real well with iron heads. Has been in the 10.0’s with it. If you touch 9.99 you need a full cage and some more safety stuff.
Do you need the trunk lid trim or the window seal? I can bring them with me to Las Vegas.

9
Member Projects / Re: NHRA 68 Stocker Project
« on: August 18, 2026, 12:58:37 PM »
Oh I forgot, I have a brand new fastback trunk lid molding (not sure why I have it ) and rear window glass rubber seal you can have if you need it.
Mike

10
Member Projects / Re: NHRA 68 Stocker Project
« on: August 18, 2026, 12:35:54 PM »
Coming along, looks like a lot of work. If you’re going to run A or B (even C) I would do a full cage while it’s apart. Remove everything from the chassis and interior that’s not needed and it should come in around 2,900lb. Add 170 for a driver then weight bars for class. My car in A needs to weigh 3,274 and when it was finished it was 2,920lb (I have 154lbs in the trunk)
By the way I was able to fit the 30x9 radial Hoosier slicks (the one with the smaller roll out) in the stock fenders without cutting. I needed to order the CalTrac with the extra 1 1/2” ride height to make it work. The bias tires 29x9 rub because of tire growth. Most of the Mustang racers cut some of the leading edge off for tire clearance. (Need to reconstruct the lip) I also used a BFH on the inside of the wheel wells by the rear seat sides and the fronts. Watch your rim back space because CalTrac leafs are a little wider than stock.
Hope your out testing soon.

11
FE Technical Forum / Re: Total Control Products FE engine mounts
« on: August 17, 2026, 08:13:15 PM »
I have them on my Shelby stocker. I had to shim it forward a little so the Hooker headers would clear the steering box (still needed to dent tube slightly) Height wise they seem the same but with shims or washers you can move them around a little. The clearance for headers around the engine mount is better than stock and I’m using the large diameter tube race headers.

12
Member Projects / Re: Shelby stocker
« on: July 16, 2026, 11:50:23 PM »
When I finished the car it was 2,920lb without driver, I didn’t have access to 4 corner scales. To fit A/SA class it needs to be 3,274lb with me in the car. I added 154lbs to the trunk to make weight.
I have aluminum heads and intake, light weight wheels and tires but it’s partially offset by the extra weight of the BBM iron block.

13
Member Projects / Re: Shelby stocker
« on: July 16, 2026, 05:05:43 PM »
The Landrum spec sheet talks about limiting bowing due to cold rolled springs, not sure if it’s a problem. Also
double  check your spring perches, I read somewhere that if they’re on the wrong way it can cause the springs to bow out. Not sure they can be installed like that but worth a look.

14
Member Projects / Re: Shelby stocker
« on: July 16, 2026, 04:26:41 PM »
hbstang,  On the Shelby I’m currently running Landrum https://landrumspring.com/ front coil springs 18”x5” 200lb. These were difficult to install, 2” longer than stock but I needed the ground clearance for those old style Hooker race headers. They work good and I haven’t dragged the headers at all.
I just recently ordered new REF step headers and I should have 2 or 3 more inches of ground clearance and I plan on cutting a coil or two off the springs to bring the front end down some.
When installing new springs you should let them settle in for a while before cutting any off, there are also spacers in case your too low.
I ordered through Reinhardt performance https://rinehartsperformance.com/racing they can get you the right springs for your application.
Keep posting pictures.

15
I miss the trips to “Pick Your Part” auto salvage back in the 70’s and 80’s searching for neat stuff to use on my   my street car or race car. One particular trip we found the large drum brakes from a station wagon (I think in that size) and they were basically a bolt on to my 9” rear end. Used the original mustang power brake master cylinder and they worked just fine.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8