Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - frnkeore

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 90
1
FE Technical Forum / Re: Let's talk cylinder heads
« on: October 01, 2026, 01:54:11 PM »
BBM “F” heads 848 HP / 716 TQ today.  Swapped over to some 850 Center Squirters that Drew sent up here.  Still a little left tomorrow.  I think it will make 860 tomorrow.  🙂
Here is Blair's last Dyno run with the 850's.

BTW, my new in the box TFS will be for sale soon.

2
FE Technical Forum / Re: pro maxx head options
« on: September 29, 2026, 12:55:12 AM »
I don't know, Brent. What part of "H" beam do you not understand or is your vision failing?

What does it say on the side of this rod, that I also posted earlier in this thread?

Carrillo also makes a "I" beam rod but, it's not made in China.

Let's be honest here, Brent..... Jay doesn't make heads any more and they were never readily available in quantity. There is only a a few sets out there. Did you sell the heads your working with or did the customer buy them from Jay?

How many Pond or Edelbrock heads have you sold and how many TFS heads have you sold? You talk down Edelbrocks, like they are the plague and I've never heard you suggest a Pond head for a build.

3
FE Technical Forum / Re: pro maxx head options
« on: September 28, 2026, 06:11:23 PM »
Lets see the pictures, Brent. You offered.

4
FE Technical Forum / Re: pro maxx head options
« on: September 28, 2026, 05:56:46 PM »
Quote
*when given the choice*

You are the one that has that choice. You guild your customers to what you want to build for them. Tell them you would put Chinese stuff in your engines!



Quote
Oh, by the way, you obviously have no idea what a Carrillo rod looks like.  I bet I could post pictures of a Carrillo, Callies, Scat, and Dyers rod next to a Molnar rod, and the only rod that would stand out as a completely different design would be the Molnar. 

Please do. ALL H beam rods lead their way back to Carrillo. Easy and simple to see.

Quote
If you are trying to infer that it's a profit thing because I do or do not sell Promaxx, it's silly,  Promaxx has a decent markup and readily available to me.  Happy to drop ship you a set.

It's Brent that makes a fair income in TFS heads. Has he never offered a set of Pro Ports for a customer that wants maximum hp? And he ALWAYS steers people away from the other "All American Edelbrocks".

I see absolutely no difference in using Molnar rods and Pro Maxx heads.

5
FE Technical Forum / Re: pro maxx head options
« on: September 28, 2026, 02:28:32 PM »
I am just noting the hypocrisy of putting down Chinese made goods, made in China and finished in the US, no different than the Molnar finished Chinese rods on a Carrillo design and the Pro Maxx heads of the same type thing.

Of course you don't sell Pro Maxx :)

6
FE Technical Forum / Re: pro maxx head options
« on: September 28, 2026, 01:13:26 PM »
Ross, you should run for political office :)

So it's about intellectual property? The intellectual property is the manufacturers design. Minor changes don't negate that. All head designs can be said are minor changes to Ford's design. Many company's have produced Ford based product as designed by Ford or with modifications. From the flat heads on. That is what "Hot Rodding" is and was, all about.

Carrillo came out first, with the H beam rod, before either you or Brent were born, the very minor changes that others made to it, doesn't change that. I'm sure Carrillo didn't invent the H beam but, they are responsible for it's use today and deserve their place in racing history.

7
FE Technical Forum / Re: pro maxx head options
« on: September 28, 2026, 11:54:12 AM »
The truth shall set you free!

8
FE Technical Forum / Re: pro maxx head options
« on: September 28, 2026, 11:22:32 AM »
Brent, it guy's like you that keep China in business and then put them down when it suits you!!!

BBM is NOT made in China.

9
FE Technical Forum / Re: pro maxx head options
« on: September 28, 2026, 11:17:17 AM »
One more thing..... I'm not trying to put Molnar out of business. They seem to make a good product, as Pro Maxx does. But, since you buy a lot of their rods, you could put pressure on them to have their forgings made in the good old USA when your ordering them.

They will continue making them in China, as long as you continue buying them!

10
FE Technical Forum / Re: pro maxx head options
« on: September 28, 2026, 11:10:44 AM »
BTW, these are the heads I have and were referring to.

They copied Ford. Should Ford sue Edelbrock?

11
FE Technical Forum / Re: pro maxx head options
« on: September 28, 2026, 10:59:22 AM »
This always drives me crazy!!!

You guys fight Chinese stuff, left and right, when it suits you BUT, embrace Chinese made Molnar rods when you build engines.

Molnar copied the long standing Carrillo rod design and had them made in China, yet you make excuses for using them and NOT using US made Carrillo or Oliver.

China is China!

BTW, who's combustion chamber did Edelbrock copy? The chamber in the Pro Maxx head looks much like the C3AE -C in the Ford Denver heads.

12
FE Technical Forum / Re: pro maxx head options
« on: September 28, 2026, 01:21:36 AM »
They are NOT Edelbrock copies.

It's easy to tell, just look at the picture of the combustion chamber.

13
FE Technical Forum / Re: 427 Hydraulic Lifter cam C8AX-C
« on: September 20, 2026, 11:00:26 AM »
It won't give you more vacuum but, would make it a much better cam if you advance it 6° (at least 4) and you could add a electric vacuum pump to the system for the brakes.

14
FE Technical Forum / Re: Ford Dyno testing FEs
« on: September 18, 2026, 11:51:20 AM »
Because Ford's hp ratings before the smog era always seemed optimistic, I had always assumed (you know what that means  :) ) that Ford built "blue printed" engines for their dyno testing or, at least selected over preforming engines off their run in stands, to use as advertised hp.

In retrospect, the 360 hp, 352 and the 401 hp 390 wasn't realistic for a assembly line engine. I'd like to know how Ford came up with those numbers. There have been a few people try to build a 360 hp, 352, using Ford stuff and haven't been able to come very close.

15
FE Technical Forum / Re: Let's talk cylinder heads
« on: September 14, 2026, 06:17:59 PM »
Another reason that I would have done the BBM's, is that you'll remember all the talk about the TFS backing up at above .600 lift and getting noising. JDC verified that.

I'm sure the BBM will not back up.

Shoot me a price by PM.  If unmodified and saves me a little dough, I have a 505 for my own car that I plan to work a set, we'll get you out of them.
Let me check with Blair and I’ll see what I can do.

If you think the TFS are better than the BBM’s they should be worth a bit more?

Frank, check yourself.  You won't suck me into one head versus the other. I won't judge a BBM until I flow one on my own flow bench and run it.

If you don't like those TFS, I'll put them to use.  However, remember, I buy them wholesale day in and day out. 

No secret here, you stated you would prefer BBMs, I am offering only offering a way out. Will need to know condition and what you did to them already.
Ross, you must get a lot of Turnip trucks driving by your shop but, I never buy retail and sell wholesale  :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 90