Author Topic: Best FE Heads And Why ?  (Read 8446 times)

Keith Stevens

• View Profile
Re: Best FE Heads And Why ?
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2021, 06:56:25 PM »
I'm not sure why you're calling them "low cost". They were 98.00 less than Edelbrock heads when I was shopping. I also know at least two people who bought them had to have a valve job done on them because of seat run-out.  I'm not trying to be disagreeable, just stating observation.

I think when I do the other engine being I'm fighting the scuzzy radiator syndrome with the leaking oil gallery rocker feed lead I'll use Jay's heads providing they work with a factory intake and are available.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 08:04:17 PM by Keith Stevens »

thatdarncat

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2021, 07:50:09 PM »

I think when I do the other engine being I'm fighting the scuzzy radiator syndrome with the leaking oil gallery rocker feed lead I use Jay's heads providing they work with a factory intake and are available.

Jay’s FE Power heads will not work with a factory FE intake manifold, the intake ports are laid out in a different configuration, and are significantly raised. The FE Power heads will have to be used with the matching FE Power intake adapter and upper intake manifold. Jay will have multiple intake designs available though.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 07:53:03 PM by thatdarncat »
Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

Keith Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2021, 03:57:15 PM »
I would be okay with the tunnel-wedge design. I can't run them if it raises the height more than a dual quad medium riser or deviates much from the factory in looks. It would be nice to run something that breathes.