Author Topic: FE build advice needed  (Read 5561 times)

fekbmax

• View Profile
Re: FE build advice needed
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 03:05:19 PM »
I don't know enough about available crankshafts to make a recommendation  but I would go with 4.25 stroke and as much bore as you're comfortable with. For the power and rpm you're talking about there is absolutely no need for en expensive billet rod. Like I said before, the Scat forged Pro series rod would be more than enough for what you're doing. Any import H beam will be way more than enough. I have to laugh inside a little hearing RPM crank and Oliver or Crower rod used in the same sentence.
I'll also add that the 4.25 engine will respond better to the spray.
JMO

Ill never use another Eagle product again, there are plenty of very sub par import H beam rods out there. I agree that molnar/K1 are prob the best "off shore" H beams.
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

scott foxwell

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2017, 04:47:22 PM »
Crower rods......SP93417B-8

That's a nice rod, just got a set this weekend. nice craftsmanship. i plan on doing the L-19 bolt upgrade since i got such a great deal on the rods.
I would advise against it. A good 2000 bolt will be way more than adequate. The L19's are a pain, not being able to handle them without gloves and even then, still vulnerable to corrosion. Just no need.

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2017, 05:29:17 PM »
Good advice,   Dont need that kinda headache . Thanks.
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.