Author Topic: Identify headers?  (Read 840 times)

fairlaniac

• View Profile
Identify headers?
« on: August 16, 2023, 05:52:20 AM »
I picked these up last year in a parts deal. Any ideas what they may fit. there are no markings with numbers of manufacturer? My best guess might be '64 Galaxie?

Thank you!

http://www.fairlanet.com/images/fe-headers.jpg
Doug Bender
1966 Fairlane 427+/5 Spd TKX

randomologist

• View Profile
Re: Identify headers?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023, 12:30:38 PM »
If they're for FE, it sure looks like shorty headers designed for use with a full size car (Galaxie) due to how straight the primaries flow out of the head. FE headers have to turn down hard right away to clear the shock towers in smaller engine bays like the Mustang, for example.

In specific, the pattern of the headers looks more like the 1965+ Galaxie shorty headers to me, though it's a bit tough to say from the photo angles. I think the 1964 and older have less vertical drop on the primaries on the passenger side, while the photos you supplied seem to better match the 65+ patterns which seem to show what looks like the header primaries dropping lower down the block.

Totally guesstimating, though. In any case, from my understanding, neither header pattern is interchangable. So 65+ will not fit 64 and earlier and 64 and earlier will not fit 65+.

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2023, 02:34:20 PM »
My guess is that they are Chinese Sanderson rip offs. They were floating around e-bay for a while selling for $150 . They never claimed what they fit other than a FE. Sanderson's have their name on them and they actually fit.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

TomP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2023, 01:42:10 PM »
They are probably a universal "fits all" street rod header that may fit some cars. I'd want to see then installed on something to confirm before buying. Also noticed in the eBay link a set of header flanges for the well-heeled do it yourself types...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195857712664?http://

fairlaniac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2023, 05:44:51 AM »
I'm not sure if they are off shore junk or not? They are stainless, what grade I'm not sure. There is no magnetic pull on them.
Doug Bender
1966 Fairlane 427+/5 Spd TKX

cleandan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2023, 09:39:05 AM »
They look like the old (late 1990's early 2000's) JBA headers I have on my 66 Galaxie.

The flanges appear thick and durable and the welds look good too.