Author Topic: *** SOLD ***Toploader, Hurst Super Shifter, Lakewood Bell Housing, Ram clutch,  (Read 1645 times)

fairlaniac

• View Profile
For sale: Ford Toploader 1-3/8 Big In, Big out. Wide ratio 2.78 1st. This was built about 6 years ago. It started as a RUG-M2. I converted to 1-3/8 input shaft and 31 spline main shaft. Dan Williams machined the tail housing for the large bushing and seal plus vent. I have about 900-1000 miles on the build. It was built with new main shaft, Torque lock synchronizer (1-2 & 3-4), new input, new 2 & 3 gear, new cluster gear and shafts, seals, bearings, etc… Three years ago I had it out of my car and put new seals, bearings, etc… and new blocker rings. No other reason than it was out and I am proactive. The trans is excellent. Fits Fairlane, Mustang, Cyclone, Cougar, Falcon ($1250)

Hurst Super Shifter III with custom chromoly tubing shifter rods, spherical rod bearings (heim joints) ,etc… shifts fantastic. You won’t bend this linkage like the Hurst stuff. Has a back up switch and a tab on the reverse shifter rod to activate the back up lights. Has a switched Hurst shifter ball. Be mindful, this shifter will not fit any stock consoles and you will need to open up your tunnel on the driver’s side to clear the shifter and linkage. ($500)

PENDING - Ford FE 352/390/427/428 and other FE blocks, Lakewood Scatter shield – bell housing w/ original Lakewood block plate. Used, SFI (expired). FYI – I don’t give parts the $5 rattle can treatment. You get to see exactly what you are shopping for. No cuts or notches. ($350)

PENDING - Reproduction big in/out clutch fork (Branda 3 yrs. Old) and SKF t/o bearing, replaced bearing last year when I installed my 427. Has about 125 miles on the bearing. ($75)

PENDING - Ram Clutch 11” 1-3/8-10. Pressure plate rebuilt by Ram three years ago. Disc in one year old. I put this in last year and got rid of the 6 paddle disc. Street friendlier. PP- 2600 psi, 5/16” bolts. Disc – p/n 311. ($200)

I’ll take ($2100) for everything if it is picked up. I’ll take ($2200) plus shipping if I need to crate and ship.

If you want the trans and shifter the combo price is ($1600) pick up or shipped. Buyer pays shipping.

I have switched to a Tremec TKX so I have no use for these anymore. Not a whole lot of miles on anything. I drive the car about 400-500 miles a year on average.

Shipping from Denver, PA 17517

« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 06:36:09 PM by fairlaniac »
Doug Bender
1966 Fairlane 427+/5 Spd TKX

Gregwill16

• View Profile
Doug, I'll take the Lakewood, clutch kit, fork and throw out bearing. I assume the transmission is a close ratio? I'll shoot you a PM

fairlaniac

• View Profile
Greg, wide ratio. See your messages.
Doug Bender

LMartell

• View Profile
Sent PM

6667fan

• Every Second Counts
    • View Profile
Nice trans for the money
JB

67 Fairlane 500
482 cid 636/619.
Tunnel Wedge, Survival EMC CNC heads, Lykins Custom Hydraulic Roller, Ram adjustable clutch, Jerico 4-spd, Strange third member with Detroit Locker, 35 spline axles, 4.86
10.55@125.74 1.46 60’

fryedaddy

• View Profile
is the driveshaft 4 sale.will it fit a 66 comet-fairlane with a toploader?
1966 comet caliente 428 4 speed owned since 1983                                                 1973 f250 ranger xlt 360 4 speed papaw bought new

fairlaniac

• View Profile
Driveshaft is not for sale.
Doug Bender

C8OX-FE

• View Profile
Is the shifter still available?

fairlaniac

• View Profile
Is the shifter still available?
Yes, the shifter is still available.