FE Power Forums > Member Projects

'68 Mustang Coupe Drag Car

(1/24) > >>

mbrunson427:
We finally have enough done on the car that I figured I would share some pictures. This car came from Richie Pauley in California. I had heard that he may be interested in selling it, I spoke with him 2-3 times over the course of a couple years and he was finally ready to let it go. Bought it as a roller, without engine or trans. It was run in NHRA stock class, B/SA. We will not use it for that initially but may get back to that over the course of a few years. For now we're trying to run with a local group of nostalgia racers. The first engine that will go in it is the tunnelport that Blair recently built for us, it was intended for a Galaxie but will go in this for now. We'll replace the wonky dual plane intake and install a single plane 2x4.

Right now the only modifications we are making to the car are purely for looks. Removing the front fender emblems and adding GT badges, adding GT fog lights, putting on C-stripes, and painting the black cobra jet stripe up the hood. We also had a friend make some "Cobra Jet" script stickers for the rear quarters.

475fetoploader:
Looks sharp! Tunnel port, how cool is that going to be.

Gregwill16:
Very nice! Perfect place for that TP

WConley:
That is going to look and run awesome!

turbohunter:
I love how in the second picture the Galaxie has its mouth wide open complaining, hey you stole my engine. WTF.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version