Author Topic: WTB: any/all used SOHC parts, mostly repop stuff  (Read 1577 times)

BigBlueOvalFan

• View Profile
WTB: any/all used SOHC parts, mostly repop stuff
« on: January 21, 2021, 09:47:55 PM »
Anyone have a good line on a complete SOHC or parts, mainly top end and timing.  It can be all apart or assembled.  Not looking for NOS or anything period correct special, just want to build an old school SOHC. If I can get a decent deal on an authentic cammer block and all parts, that would be great but really don't know the difference between Ford heads and Coon's heads and what I should be looking for or asking so any help is appreciated.

Also wouldn't mind any feedback from anyone who has built them and if I could use a BBM block or other as a base ?  I have a couple 427 SO short blocks I could use as well and may be the easiest route but I'm not opposed to buying the whole deal. Kind of conflicted as I'd like to really flog it but would be hesitant with all original parts.  I'm new to SOHC's but have been having fun with FE's for 40 years. Any and all info is welcome, thanks.  Jim 949-370-8699
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 10:16:02 PM by BigBlueOvalFan »

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
Re: Looking to buy a complete SOHC or parts
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 09:53:22 PM »
Try Robert Pond Motorsports.  He is in Sedona, AZ, and he has heads, intake manifolds, front covers, and timing sets.  He is also working on getting cams and stub cams made up.  T&D has rockers, and I also manufacture rocker sets occasionally.  You can use the BBM block or any standard 427 sideoiler block, but you will need to add a drainback tube from the back of each head down to the oil pan.

https://robertpondmotorsports.com/
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

BigBlueOvalFan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 10:04:51 PM »
Try Robert Pond Motorsports.  He is in Sedona, AZ, and he has heads, intake manifolds, front covers, and timing sets.  He is also working on getting cams and stub cams made up.  T&D has rockers, and I also manufacture rocker sets occasionally.  You can use the BBM block or any standard 427 sideoiler block, but you will need to add a drainback tube from the back of each head down to the oil pan.

https://robertpondmotorsports.com/

Thanks Jay, I knew this was the place to come.

wowens

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 11:20:26 AM »
I have a pair of Blue Thunder covers with fill tubes NIB that will save you about $200.00
Message me if interested
Woody

BigBlueOvalFan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 08:23:56 PM »
I have a pair of Blue Thunder covers with fill tubes NIB that will save you about $200.00
Message me if interested

I'm a buyer, I sent you a PM but don't now if it went through.  I'm a buyer, can you please call me at 949-370-8699 or email me at bigblueovalfan@gmail.com with some pics.  Thanks.

wowens

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2021, 08:39:54 PM »
Message me if interested

I'm a buyer, I sent you a PM but don't now if it went through.  I'm a buyer, can you please call me at 949-370-8699 or email me at bigblueovalfan@gmail.com with some pics.  Thanks.

Just got home will do pics tomorrow
Woody