Author Topic: Harvey Ford Colors  (Read 1351 times)

mbrunson427

• View Profile
Harvey Ford Colors
« on: January 08, 2021, 04:31:24 PM »
I'm curious if anyone on here knows what colors the Harvey Ford cars were typically painted. I see that 80% of their cars were gold and blue, do you know the specific colors? My closest guess is the Gold is "Anniversary Gold", and the Blue is "Brittany Blue"??

Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

cleandan

• View Profile
Re: Harvey Ford Colors
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 10:03:21 AM »
First off, I do not know the literal makes and names of the colors...sorry about that.

I am wondering if the exact name of the colors matter, other than for pure knowledge reasons, which is valid enough.
I know having a brand name and color name does help in getting the new paint mixed.

If you have some good photos, I would imagine the modern paint match scopes could replicate the colors pretty near perfect.
If the photos do not look right and produce so-so results, some custom mixing, by a competent painter with a good eye, can produce excellent results too.

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 10:22:15 PM »
I thought I was doing well when I said to myself, "Blue and Gold" on reading the beginnings of the original question. Then you had to get all technical on me. ???

KS

winr1

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 11:34:48 PM »
I have no clue ..... but dig that Maverick 

Ricky.

DuckRyder

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 09:06:03 AM »
I'm not the best with colors especially blue, but those 2 blues do not look the same color to me.
Robert

BruceS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 09:29:40 AM »
Mike, agree those two blues don't look the same but it might be the photo lighting or age of the photos.  The colors could be similar but not quite the same since those cars were built about 5 years apart.  I read in my Holman-Moody book that they engineered and built the altered-wheelbase Mustangs so likely they are Ford colors.  Not sure about the Maverick, but even if the Harvey dealership painted the cars they probably would've stuck to Ford colors. 
66 Fairlane 500, 347-4V SB stroker, C4
63 Galaxie 500 fastback, 482 SO 4V, Cruise-O-Matic

Gregwill16

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 01:52:09 PM »
My eyes agree with BruceS on the two blues, but hard to tell. I think the Mustang blue looks alot like Brittany Blue, but the Maverick blue looks darker.