Author Topic: What to do - intake fitment problem  (Read 3700 times)

frnkeore

• View Profile
Re: What to do - intake fitment problem
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2020, 01:25:51 PM »
My suggestion is to put that 80 pounder on see how it fits.

It sounds like the Street Master, may have been milled to fit a set of heads that have been milled and or a heavily decked block and I'd double check the dist hole, for alignment. Set the SM manifold on the block w/o intake gaskets, but with the end gaskets and put the dist in. Check the fit on both sides and see how even it is, rotating it, back and forth on the dist.
Frank

Riderjeff

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2020, 03:47:58 PM »
If it's hanging real low, might be wise to get the manifold up where it should be with a thick intake gasket, even if one side is different than the other

Any idea who sells a thicker intake gasket?  Looks like I'm going to have to yank the intake and play with it a bit, depends on the L/R/Distributor alignment.  Currently no end gaskets, RTV only.

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2020, 05:52:14 PM »
Depends what you have now

The Felpro blue gasket is pretty thick, .058 I think?  I haven't measured a 1246S3 or 1247S4 but I bet they are too.

I also bet Cometic would make whatever thickness you decide you need.
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch