Author Topic: Vintage Ford FE Big Block Aluminum Scattershield Bellhousing R.C. Industries  (Read 1220 times)

SuperNovaSS

• View Profile
I have this original R.C. Industries aluminum scatter shield bell housing listed on Ebay. The auction started at $9.99 and has NO RESERVE. Someone sent me a message and said that users here would appreciate this part and I should post a link here. The auction ends tonight, Sunday 10/18, at 7PM Pacific Time.  The high bidder at auction end will be the new owner so don't miss it.

If you are interested, here is a link to the listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373262360070

If not, thanks for your time and have a great day,

Jason

pbf777

• View Profile
      Not intending to start trouble, but how do you tell an early original from a later re-pop?  And particularly the lower section, as it seems they got lost more often than not, and if the pictures are accurate in their depiction one will note that the two pieces appear to be of different color and casting texture; this as in the appearance of not manufactured by the same facility and I would question the lower section most?         ???

And I readily yield to those with further knowledge, so please add any addition relevant information available.       

Thank you,
      Scott.

SuperNovaSS

• View Profile
Scott,

I wish I could be more helpful. I assure you these parts are not reproduction and have been together for a long time. They were covered with grease, grime, and dirt before being carefully cleaned.  I added the bolts since they were missing. This came to me along with a vintage cast iron M/T scattershield of a similar design. There was also a later hydro formed lakewood shield with the parts. I believe the racer was constantly upgrading to the latest and greatest which is why this bellhousing is not damaged. It was simply removed to be replaced with the latest on the market. I did not know they reproduced this bellhousing. That must have been quite  a task since this is a very heavy piece and likely tough and expensive to cast.

Thanks,

Jason

SuperNovaSS

• View Profile
This is the only picture I can find prior to cleaning. You can see the lakewood shield in the background. The exterior bottom was fairly clean but the top and inside definitely showed lots of age.

Thanks,

Jason

FERoadster

• View Profile
MY RC shield is still original (bought it from Henrysnephew) but it's at Jim W's house in Phoenix Or. I'll contact Jim and see if he will send me a picture or 2.
Richard >>> FERoadster