Author Topic: Wow, check out the prices on these auctioned Fords! Amazing.......  (Read 1712 times)

machoneman

• View Profile
Bob Maag

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
Re: Wow, check out the prices on these auctioned Fords! Amazing.......
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 10:31:38 AM »
Some very cool stuff for sure.
Larry

CV355

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 07:43:41 AM »
14 years ago, something told me I should take out a chunky loan and nab a slightly-used '05 GT back when they were in the low 100's.  Yeah, that would have been like taking on a second mortgage, but those things have appreciated more than I ever anticipated.  If you could spend $1900 a month for 7 years and get 2.5x your money back in 10 years, would you do it?  That's about the same as 10 years on a solid investment portfolio pulling 10% annually... except you don't get to drive your portfolio...

Unfortunately, the guy that bought that particular GT demolished it shortly after leaving the dealership...  It made the local news in '07.

Side note:  That green Plymouth Superbird was a steal compared to what they normally sell for these days...

« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 08:07:15 AM by CV355 »

TomP

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 08:58:45 PM »
Hard to imagine you could have bought the new GT just a couple years ago and make near double your money.
 I guess those are the "instant collectibles" that the various limited edition 78 and newer Corvettes wished they were.

Cyclone03

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 07:26:40 AM »
I have a friend who is,now, General manager of a local dealership.  Back in 07 early,they still had a silver GT. The newness had worn off. This was a zero mile car. I asked how much and he told me $146k would take it. There was no way I could buy it,but I did the math even shopped loans. Payment wise we could have done it but it would have been everything. Yes I still count it as one that got away.

The real money though would have been buying parts! Rear clamshells ,early on,could be bought without a VIN,all the parts could. Ford caught on quick and required a VIN to purchase any body,chassis and interior parts.

I mention the clamshell because they could be had for about $3500,last I heard they were over $50k. The other parts are just as crazy.
Lance H

fastf67

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 10:29:24 AM »
Ya really nice stuff there that I also kinda hate to see. If you really think about it we are a dying bred. My grandson would like to buy something to have a project to learn, gain experience's from and enjoy just like we did. Now people think there junk is priceless. Teens don't make that much money. It's 10k for something decent enough to even start with then a full restoration. Go by your high school and look at the cars, I remember primmer and mags. LOL
Not a big fan of whats happening in the auto world today. Remember the days of racing, drag, stock car? They were real cars and people we celebrate about because it's all corporations now and little to over the top crazy for me, and getting worse. What will we see in 10 more years? They are already driving for us now. Oops turn into a rant, just saying.