Author Topic: crane cams  (Read 1697 times)

wayne

• View Profile
crane cams
« on: September 30, 2020, 08:44:31 AM »
I think Edelbrock is going to close crane down if you need anything from them like rocker arm adj screws.

plovett

Re: crane cams
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 04:22:39 PM »
I ordered some Crane valve springs today because of your post.  I hope closing them down is not going to happen.

paulie

wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 09:10:15 AM »
A shop 4 miles from me machines rocker arms and lifters for comp lunati  crane and others the word in town is edelbrock bought
. comp lunati and crane and will close crane. This is where i got this from i also hope it dont happen but thats what the employes  say is going on.

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 11:24:31 AM »
   They aren't stupid so the "unique" products will still be available under one of the other names.

Katz427

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 11:41:33 AM »
I did hear from an Edelbrock rep that, "he" wishes Vic was still there. I agree, certain products that make profit will be moved around and repackaged under another brand name. Too many brands to promote efficiently.

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 01:51:07 PM »
   Many of us still wish Vic was around. He was a GREAT man. He lived well and played hard. No other company had a greater ambassador than Vic. Constantly out in venues and always wearing red. He took his father's dream and made it an icon in the automotive industry. He was very good to his employees who in many cases only had one job in their life , working at Edelbrock. 40+ year veterans are common.
   We also have to keep in mind that it was Vic who ventured off into shocks and exhaust , two things that were expensive and went south , costing the company allot. He also lost credit when his "proudly made in USA" stamped steel air cleaners and stamped steel valve covers said "made in China". Ooops