Author Topic: Gonna do another quantity order of custom Scat crankshafts....  (Read 4545 times)

KjcfeF100

• View Profile
Re: Gonna do another quantity order of custom Scat crankshafts....
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2020, 09:28:13 PM »
Well, looks like I'll be passing on this round of cranks also.  I expect some time down the road I'll be kicking myself for doing so.

Gaugster

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2020, 06:57:34 AM »
I attempted the same homework as many of you. Trying to fit what I got into the list of options SCAT has. In the end these are custom cranks at a tremendous value IMO. Kind of like the Pro Series but with a weight reduction option of gun-drilled mains. A super great deal from one of the Killer B's that frequent this forum.

Here's what mine looks like and how I am storing it long term. Suspended and coated with a lithium grease spray. The gray cover should be able to "breathe" some and I have some moisture absorbing chips in a bowl at the base. Any negatives to this? It's in my basement but I have a dehumidifier running for most of the year. It could sit like this for 2 years or more perhaps.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 06:09:42 AM by Gaugster »
John - '68 Cougar XR7 390 FE (X-Code) 6R80 AUTO

Joey120373

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2020, 03:05:56 PM »
I agree, very happy with mine. And big thanks to Brent again. I contacted him shortly after I received the crank and he set me up with a set of rods and bearings as well.