Author Topic: Looking for older Ford for my Daddy ... needs to be power steering and auto  (Read 1210 times)

winr1

Daddy is thinking of selling his 70 LTD and MKZ Lincoln

Something with auto, power steering, AC that works

Not a show car but no rust or fixer upper, small block preferable ( he has a heavy right foot )

Can be a 2 barrel, something that needs no paint or interior work, 4 door is ok as well

He is 96 and stills shops, cleans, cooks, works on the cars and stuff around the house

Ricky.

oldiron.fe

• View Profile
 i have 79 ford t-bird NO rust all good working condition passed california emmissions befor i owned  has 351-m . real little old lady cal. car great driver any where      not a computer/cell guy but could get assist to send pics. etc. good orig. gold paint/interior oldiron.fe@gmail.com
66' Fairlanes 427 (08/26/67- present)
66/67' Fairlanes
70' Mustang Fastback
66' Dually

plovett

It sounds like you are looking for something older than I am going to suggest but......a '92 and up Crown Victoria is a nice ride.  I used to have a '93.   I loved it.  I have never in 35 years of driving had a car that gave me so much for so little.  They are super reliable with decent mpg and very satisfying to drive.   Arguably the best years are 2003-2004.  Those years have good hp (245?) and they are the last year before drive-by-wire throttle.  They have that old V8 feel, but with modern brakes and handling.  They are cheap to repair, too.  The only thing I ever had to do with my ultra high mileage '93 was change the oil, filters, plugs, and wires.  Oh and electric window motors.  It just felt good to drive.

Put a 3.55, 3.73, or 4.10 gear in it and aftermarket dual exhaust, and watch him have fun.

JMO,

paulie

edit:  Sorry, I just realized this was in the classifieds and I think you were looking for an actual car rather than advice. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 07:02:08 PM by plovett »

winr1

oldiron, sent email ...

Paulie thanks, I heard good things about the Crown vics here on the forums

He may go for one if I were to buy it and let him drive it

Amy know of a Crown Vic for sale ??

Ricky.

frnkeore

• View Profile
I would second the Crown Vic choice. I had a '94 for 7 years, trouble free, until the pinion sheared off. I replaced it with a '04 Gran Marquis. The Merc has noticeably more power and better gas mileage. I get 26 on the hwy. Trouble free also, other than a head light recall.
Frank

plovett

My '93 had 2.73 gears.  With the overdrive it was around 1800 rpm at 80 mph.  I sometimes got in the 27-28 mpg range on the highway.  Still, I'd go for an '03 or '04 if I was looking for one now.

paulie