Author Topic: Head flow rates  (Read 2236 times)

69 crewcab

• View Profile
Head flow rates
« on: September 19, 2020, 08:16:34 PM »
While reading some of posts here someone had posted a link that had flow data on many different heads both factory and aftermarket ported and unported.
I wanted to check it out again and can't find it.
Can someone point me in the right direction
Thanks

WerbyFord

• View Profile
Re: Head flow rates
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 09:25:03 PM »
http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tablehdc.htm

Best table around, though you have to consider ALL the data - some of the "unported" numbers read more like they had Yates NASCAR porting done already. But in general its the best single table out there.

69 crewcab

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 09:52:54 AM »
Werby
Thanks for the reply
That is not the one I was looking for. There was one posted that had FE only info. I don't have enough knowledge to truly understand all of the info, but want to at least get at least some information.
I currently have a set of ported edelbrock heads that I have been told will have a high flow rate but may not be appropriate for my build. I also have a set of 428 CJ heads but am contemplating getting a different set of heads and just wanted to look at some of the differences in flow rate.

SSdynosaur

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 11:27:47 AM »
Perhaps Google Stan Weiss, he has posted comparison chart(s) for FE's.

chilly460

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 11:41:33 AM »
Werby
Thanks for the reply
That is not the one I was looking for. There was one posted that had FE only info. I don't have enough knowledge to truly understand all of the info, but want to at least get at least some information.
I currently have a set of ported edelbrock heads that I have been told will have a high flow rate but may not be appropriate for my build. I also have a set of 428 CJ heads but am contemplating getting a different set of heads and just wanted to look at some of the differences in flow rate.

If you scroll, that Stan Weiss table does have FE specific listings, and is very complete with Edelbrock ported figures, as well as stock and ported CJs. 

69 crewcab

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 12:16:32 PM »
Thanks Everyone
That was the one I was looking for  I just didn't scroll far enough.
I think the one I had seen before had been been edited down to just the FE stuff

frnkeore

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2020, 01:53:07 PM »
I have it set to open at the beginning of the Ford section.

The way I did it, was to scroll down to the Ford section and then "book mark" it while it is there. But, you can book mark it any where you like. It's a long way from the start of he Ford section to the FE section.
Frank