Author Topic: Another stupid question  (Read 993 times)

gregaba

• View Profile
Another stupid question
« on: September 11, 2020, 01:04:27 PM »
Building the 428 next year and thinking about adding nitrous to it.
After reading the subject in the search box I didn't find an answer that I was looking for all though I found a lot of good info on the subject.
I have never ran it before but I understand it is best to retard the ignition when activated.
I don't want to run the MSD system because of all the problems they have had the last few years and want to run a Dura Spark setup.
My question is can you run the nitrous activation feed wire and tie it into the start wire on the blue module would this retard the ignition when activated the required amount.?
I am thinking that as long as the nitrous ewitch is activated the module would stay retarded and go to normal when released.
Hope this makes sense.
Greg

C8OZ

• View Profile
Re: Another stupid question
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 01:17:34 PM »
It's been too many years to say with certainty, but I'm pretty sure I did that with no issues last time I ran it.

Just be sure to disable the feed from actual start circuit or add a diode upstream. That's the worst possible time to have your starter kick in.  ;D

gregaba

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 03:44:57 PM »
Thanks
Didn't think of that and I really don't like changing flywheels and starters if I don't have to.
Greg

SSdynosaur

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 04:06:52 PM »
I believe Barry R. has some practical experience with NO2 on the street and strip, perhaps he will chime in when he sees your thread.